True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am rolling down the road in the red Solid Tech SRT, and I approached a red light and stop. Some person in a big white newer turbo diesel truck of some sort pulls up to the left of me, we make eye contact and he gives this 'yeah right' kinda smirk.

Now I have been in this situation many times and NORMALLY I just let them take off and let it go, as it sometimes isn't worth it, in fact, if I were to race every single vehicle that does this I would have wound up in big trouble long ago.

Anyways, I just know this clown is going to take off and race, as we are both sitting on the red.

I again am already thinking I'll let it go but the Neon, little Dinah is somewhat fed up of this and let me know under no uncertian terms that she had a different plan then I.

Light goes green and she eases out of the hole and sure enough this big heavy truck launches hard and is floored.

So the SRT gets out of 1st and into 2nd and then floors it, immediately destroying 2nd gear and jumping out to atleast a 2 car lead. (the car just blows up 2nd gear and you find yourself almost instantly on the rev limiter)

Into 3rd she went and she yet again transformed into a runaway freight train and just destroyed this truck as she stayed into 3rd until she banged the rev limiter again, the car length's were too numerous to describe. Now what makes it a thrill isn't the margin of victory but how easily it comes and how quickly this little car slingshots out in front. Though the car was on pump gas and low boost it had some awsome torque steer going and felt every bit as strong as when it used to have the 50trim running 30psi with C16 and trapping 125mph.

The Solid Tech SRT loved the air.
Sometimes I get numb to the speed and the SRT or GTO just doesn't feel that fast anymore, well, in this case, the SRT again surprised me with its breakaway speed and power.

Maybe next time the truck driver will stick to hauling bales of hay.

·
having more fun every day!
1,600 Posts
great story!

·
Phantom
222 Posts
I get that sometimes too and its usually people in turbo diesels, they always give me this look like I'm some ricer kid with a big wing.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Lol, Awesome story.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
I get that sometimes too and its usually people in turbo diesels, they always give me this look like I'm some ricer kid with a big wing.
You are though..??

·
Ah kitty kitty
2,192 Posts
NIce kill

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Kick his ass sea bass!

·
Fat white guy
762 Posts
I had a guy in a new Duramax with a Bully Dog programmer set on economy/tow tell me that he would smoke my ass. I was like whatever, I think it will be alot closer than you think, that truck ways 4tons. Then he tells me, he'll get me on top end because he has GPS'ed the truck to over 130mph. I then asked him why he thought that my trans am wouldn't run that fast?

·
Phantom
222 Posts
I had a guy in a new Duramax with a Bully Dog programmer set on economy/tow tell me that he would smoke my ass. I was like whatever, I think it will be alot closer than you think, that truck ways 4tons. Then he tells me, he'll get me on top end because he has GPS'ed the truck to over 130mph. I then asked him why he thought that my trans am wouldn't run that fast?
Lol, its all just LDS (little dick syndrome)

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Awesome story!

Why havent I heard any new track times out of the new setup? When can I get a piece of that SRT4 on high boost? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts