True Street Cars Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past year I've been thinking about putting a Miata together with a Thunderbird 2.3 turbo . Only cause I've been watching Stacy on GEARs put a 400+hp 5.0 into one. Its what I like to call a poor mans A/C Cobra. I've got a friend who put a 2.3t into a 93 RX7. He was sayin he has found a site that sells a program for the stock turbo setup that should put out about 350hp for I think it was $1500.oo. MonsterMiata.com says if you put a stock 5.0 (I beleave the 91 that makes 220hp)in one you will run 12's right out of the box. I was going to go to the site to get the cross member that holds the 5.0 and all the rear end parts and so on, to compleat this super sleeper. I just wanted to know what you think and anyone else to..If anyone has any ideas what else I could put a 2.3t into , I'm open for ideas! And yes a Bug has crossed my mind. Hell even a 318 BMW to.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Yes, I know a v8 would be fun but , I dare to be different...Go figure..lol (Scirocco) I've seen turboed Miata's before , there was a drift team that came out to the short track I race at and one of the people had a turboed Miata a blue one. Don't get me wrong that the little Miata had some balls. I've always heard that its hard to make a Miata into a drift car. But , this dude had no problem getting sideways. And it sounded great with all the pretty sounds a turbo can make coming out of a miata. Their was a guy who had this 92 ta 94 Mazda truck with a turbo on it but, it seemed he had a few more bugs to work out. To see the drift team youtube it and put in Rockford Speedway drifting team. You'll see like 5 other cars on it to. When I talked to these guys they said they liked the high banked turns we have.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do the 5.0. lol fo course im gonna say that because that would be amazing. you could then do bolt ons exhaust, heads and maybe sometime down the line a bigger cam. it would be a sleeper from hell. like that damn rx7 with the ls1. that thing is wicked.
Oh yah, I've seen Ls1's in RX7's before. All I got to say is "WEEEEEEEEEE"lol:headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.