True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well nobody has started this thread yet this week so.... Who'll be at ABQ dragway this weekend?? I'll be there in a stock 01 Trans Am. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys out there.

Justin

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Still dont have my car so I just might go to watch.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
ill be there backing up my posts *hint hint*

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
I hit a new low... 11.83 @ 116

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
no still on the 100. I took out the front sway bar and bumper support. I ran it with a 50/50 mix of premium and ms109.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Grayson, you car is moving out, don't up the shot, just concentrate on a converter, gears, and maybe skinnies up front. Get some more weight out of that bitch and you'll be in the 10's

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
a drag suspension probably couldnt hurt either. It also seems like he is towing me down along with him as i ran my fastest yet yeasterday.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
yea you tend to drafting right in my non-existent tread pattern

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I saw KF-CHI running, didn't get a chance to actually meet. I ran a [email protected] with a 2.47 60' and a passenger :banghead:. I tried everything but couldn't get the Yokohama's that came on the car to hook. I was spinning very hard into 2nd as well. I just kinda kept in it till it would quit, spun all the way to my shift point (6,000) once so I eased up that time. I guess spinning tires is better than breaking rear ends. I guess I picked a bad weekend, didn't see basically anyone form the site.

I did get a 100.3 trap speed one run, ran down a mazda that race, took me the whole track after a 2.67 60' (Hey it was my 2nd run lol give me a break:lol:) But I got the win that run.

Now for the bad part, I got a SES light after my 5th run. I think an A.I.R. hose came loose, because the car is reading lean on an o2 and my next run i felt the car not pulling so I let out. Needless to say I watched the rest of the day, and i need to look into what's wrong there. Any of you guys have something like this happen? It happened on a run where I was trying to run with a vette, I made a very quick (for me) shift to third and the light came on.

Sorry for the book,
Justin

·
BITCH, I look like goku.
887 Posts
grayson. my car is just sitting. you are welcome to borrow the skinnies. im going out on a limb here.... if you take em and fuck em up, you buy em! lemme know sucka.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
I saw KF-CHI running, didn't get a chance to actually meet. I ran a [email protected] with a 2.47 60' and a passenger :banghead:. I tried everything but couldn't get the Yokohama's that came on the car to hook. I was spinning very hard into 2nd as well. I just kinda kept in it till it would quit, spun all the way to my shift point (6,000) once so I eased up that time. I guess spinning tires is better than breaking rear ends. I guess I picked a bad weekend, didn't see basically anyone form the site.

I did get a 100.3 trap speed one run, ran down a mazda that race, took me the whole track after a 2.67 60' (Hey it was my 2nd run lol give me a break:lol:) But I got the win that run.

Now for the bad part, I got a SES light after my 5th run. I think an A.I.R. hose came loose, because the car is reading lean on an o2 and my next run i felt the car not pulling so I let out. Needless to say I watched the rest of the day, and i need to look into what's wrong there. Any of you guys have something like this happen? It happened on a run where I was trying to run with a vette, I made a very quick (for me) shift to third and the light came on.

Sorry for the book,
Justin
Go over to auto zone and have them check the code. they'll do it for free.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go over to auto zone and have them check the code. they'll do it for free.
I did, the o2 sensor on bank 1 is reading lean. That was kind of hard to catch in my long ass first post. I figure that could be a big vaccuum leak like the A.I.R. hose that runs to the lid. It seems Very loose in the engine bay, but it seems as though it's under the fuse box, and I can't get a good look at it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts