True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old lady wants to throw some white lights on the G6, Where can i find these bulbs? I don't know much about HID Lights. But i think they look bad as hell.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Ebay has some good deals on those lights you just have to find a nice reliable seller.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably pick em up from Special Effects on Tuesday. What color tempature looks best. My friend has 10000k om his Jeep Srt8. I was thinking like 8000k

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Dang Special Effects is still open? Are they still off of Coors and Paseo?

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paseo and something yeah. Just looked em up. And do you have to run a ballast with them or just the bulbs? Haven't done them and see bulbs going for like $15 or the kit with ballast for $55

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
I think you have to run the ballast to make them work. But don't quote me on it.

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
I think you have to run the ballast to make them work. But don't quote me on it.
Yes for hid you have to run the ballest the higher in number you go the less clean the light will be. The lower has the best visibilty

·
Titan Killer/ Creeper
5,884 Posts
Yes for hid you have to run the ballest the higher in number you go the less clean the light will be. The lower has the best visibilty
but the lower number the more white color you get. A good light with a sort of blueish tint (like a Cadillac Escalade) would be like a 7-8k

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'll get the kit with the ballast then. And i want a white light with a little hint of blue. So i was thinking 6-8000k. More then likely 8000k. So ballast is a yes. Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts