True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to pas emissions and i know this gas burns very clean so it could make me pass. if there is anyother ways you know i can pass please let me know. other than that where can i get the e85 gas??

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
i need to pas emissions and i know this gas burns very clean so it could make me pass. if there is anyother ways you know i can pass please let me know. other than that where can i get the e85 gas??
Dude....Kyle.....lol you have to have your Car setup to run E85... DO NOT RUN THIS THROUGH YOUR CAR THE WAY IT IS NOW!!! You need special fuel pump, lines, carb, plugs, all kinds of shit...

·
bully beatdown
178 Posts
well try this.add one bottle of rubbing alcohal to a full tank,make sure before u take your car that its well warmed up hot is better 190 not 285,if that dont work try flashing some cash around lol.:eek:ldman:

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well try this.add one bottle of rubbing alcohal to a full tank,make sure before u take your car that its well warmed up hot is better 190 not 285,if that dont work try flashing some cash around lol.:eek:ldman:
lol i know but i wanna pass without paying someone off.

sean...the guy running the place said that it would run on e85 but horrible gas mileage. yeah when he said it i was alll ummmm i thought you cannot run e85 without it being ready for e85. he is probably a dumbass. i didnt look it up or anything so there is my problem

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
lol i know but i wanna pass without paying someone off.

sean...the guy running the place said that it would run on e85 but horrible gas mileage. yeah when he said it i was alll ummmm i thought you cannot run e85 without it being ready for e85. he is probably a dumbass. i didnt look it up or anything so there is my problem
Do you have your stock h pipe with the cats still on it?

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
to run e85 is to turn up the fuel. thats the basic to run e85 google it man and it will tell you on mountin or something like that

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
i dont think you need a speciall pump or lines. You just need to flow a shit ton of it for it to work

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
i dont think so. for me to run that stuff is simple crank up fuel flow ie. bigger injectors, press., pump, tune of course nothing special of course as i assume you already upped your pump and have a fuel reg and switch in bigger jets in your carb or what have you. just my two cents.

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
i dont think so. for me to run that stuff is simple crank up fuel flow ie. bigger injectors, press., pump, tune of course nothing special of course as i assume you already upped your pump and have a fuel reg and switch in bigger jets in your carb or what have you. just my two cents.
Some cars already have an E85 ready or compliant fuel system. I know my Saab would take E85 with nothing more than a tune. An old Mustang would not be ready for E85.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oooo by the way guys this is for my new other car lol. its a 91 toyota celica. lol sorry i should of made that clear. so sounds like no bueno for my celica. ill just have to pull some cash out and pay.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wait is this for real?? lol sounds not good

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
wait is this for real?? lol sounds not good
I have never heard that before. But He is old as shit so maybe it's an old school trick from when Model-T's had to pass the sniffer test..hahahaha!!

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
E85 is not as bad as people say. If you are going to run it all the time then ya its probably a good idea to run stuff made specifically for it. When doing the fuel system on the Supra I tried to get what I could but a lot of stuff is not rated for it and I dont have any problems.

Being that its an older car it might not be as good an idea but I really doubt one tank would do anything. Put it, test it, then drain and run regular gas. What you buy at the pump already has like 10-15 % E85 if I remember right.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts