True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i raced my brother n his 99 z28 and it was close on a low roll from 20mph till my turbo decided to kick in in 4th gear then i put three cars on him. from a 60mph i just took him fast buy three cars. and the dig he got me till 5th gear then i passed him i only run a 14.9 so what does his car run its all stock?

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Between 98 and 2002 the times can vary alot
Depending on if he is an auto or manual, and if he is a good driver. I say low 14's with a possible 13.9XX if all the planets are in perfect celestial alignment

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is auto with a bran new trasmission

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Bluecollar75 has a completely stock ls1 running 14.4 in his 2002 trans am with the ls6 manifold, its an auto. I have an 94 Camaro Z28 lt1 a4 with 3500 stall, long tubes, CAI and its a photo finish every time. We both run 14.4's on street tires. Look at the videos of the sunday races. Im the green camaro with black wheels and he is the red trans am.

G

·
i raced my brother n his 99 z28 and it was close on a low roll from 20mph till my turbo decided to kick in in 4th gear then i put three cars on him. from a 60mph i just took him fast buy three cars. and the dig he got me till 5th gear then i passed him i only run a 14.9 so what does his car run its all stock?
what turbo are you running, and your on a smarty/edge right, did you ever get your clutch

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
i went 13.90 at 100 100% stock

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Depending what options he has.....13.9 - 14.4 sounds about right @ 5000ft.

Some have t-tops with all the options and are a little heavier while some come with the ls6 manifold with a lid and slp y pipe and other slp options that sometimes come that way stock so it can vary a little bit. Tires always make a difference too. The autos come with either 2.73s or 3.23s so that may make a bit of a difference aswell.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Stock I ran 14.3 with the crappy LS1 intake and shitacular log style manifolds that came on the early years. An 01-02 should run better than that, since both of those were improved over 98-00.

I've seen stock LS1 F-body's go 13.9-14.4 depending on the car and driver.

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what turbo are you running, and your on a smarty/edge right, did you ever get your clutch
i dont have my smarty i put it on my dads truck and he sold it and my clutch was in and i blew it when i raced him. its a 66mm htt

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he got brand new tires so if he puts in a intake exhaust 80mm tb and heads what times will he be lookin at?

·
Resident Retard
5,506 Posts
A bit faster... It all depends, some cars respond well to mods, some respond like shit. LS1s are notorious for that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I also ran a 13.9 with just a lid and stickys.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
98 auto with Longtubes. Ported Throttle body. And exhaust. It went 14.2 til the nitrous. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow! I can't believe the difference elevation makes! Down here in south Texas A4's are running 13.7's. I ran a 13.4 with my 6-speed. Only mod I had in the car was a CD case with 10 CD's in it!

I knew elevation would slow cars down but that is insane. I wonder if your tables are easier or harder to tune up there.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
damn your guys cars are all over the fucking place for what they run.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
I ran a few 14.2's @ 98. A4 with a lid & chopped exhaust.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
my car alone is all over the charts. 14.8 bone stock...14.4 with lid and longtubes. then it just decided to go 14.6 out of the blue the in the same day it went 14.1. but i got a botle that will fix that up real good lol

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
No it wont you better get some sticky tires lol then it will fix it up...

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Those are no where sticky tires those 555r suck the nitto drags are the good ones...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts