True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to start buying some bikes now that summer is coming along. I have been noticing some at the auction and im courious to which are good bikes to look out for. There are two coming up one is a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 and the other is a 2005 SUZUKI GSX1300RK5. How much do they normally sell for?

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Bikes? As in, more than one? Sick! Buy 10! And give me a few! I love me some 600's...then again I don't care about drag racing my bike. Can't never go wrong with a GSXR 1000, can make a lot of wheelies for sure. :beer: As long as you ain't dumb with your right hand. You can find nice ones all day on CL (http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/). Any 600 or 1000 modern sportbike will be nice. Be careful at auction, never know why they are there.

You have experience? What do you wanna do with the bike? Cruising around town? Track days? Drag? Stunts?

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dont ride I want to buy them so I could fix them up and try to sell them. I just want to know what bikes are popular and what to stay away from. I see them all over the auctions and i think it might be a good investment. Let me know if your after anything and ill look.

G

·
So I wanted to start buying some bikes now that summer is coming along. I have been noticing some at the auction and im courious to which are good bikes to look out for. There are two coming up one is a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 and the other is a 2005 SUZUKI GSX1300RK5. How much do they normally sell for?
how bad is the 1300, like whats all that it needs to be on the road again, any frame damage???

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how bad is the 1300, like whats all that it needs to be on the road again, any frame damage???
These are the pics i can get

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Rebuilt salvage bikes can still be good buys as long as you really look it over. Typically and IMHO, price should be at least 20% less on retail than a non-salvage bike. With the market these days, expect to get it even less.

The Gen I Hayabusa prices have dropped significantly now that the Gen II Busa and ZX14 have been in the market.

The GSXR 1K will sell faster than the Busa.......

If the price was right, I'd consider the 2006 GSXR1K for a road race bike since it is one of the best years for overall performance but all my $$$ is tied up on my Hayabusa.

Go get that Busa Art!!!!

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rebuilt salvage bikes can still be good buys as long as you really look it over. Typically and IMHO, price should be at least 20% less on retail than a non-salvage bike. With the market these days, expect to get it even less.

The Gen I Hayabusa prices have dropped significantly now that the Gen II Busa and ZX14 have been in the market.

The GSXR 1K will sell faster than the Busa.......

If the price was right, I'd consider the 2006 GSXR1K for a road race bike since it is one of the best years for overall performance but all my $$$ is tied up on my Hayabusa.

Go get that Busa Art!!!!
There is a yellow Busa with a cage in El Paso might consider that one.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looks like that fucker hit a wall!!! Is there any chance you can take me over there to check them out Fernando???
I cant go over there because its all done on virtual bidding bro. If you want to come by one of these days and you can go throught the list of bikes that are around in our area. they have a few more pics then what I posted so you can get a better fell for them. But as far as going over there we cant because I dont have the pass, plus if I did they only allow one person to go look because of past vandalism problems. But like I said if your interested come by ill show you the list of bikes and cars. the bike your interested in sells on 02/05/09.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That Busa has way too much damage imo. Frame is clearly cracked and the steering head is probably effed up bad. I'd part it out first.

G

·
That Busa has way too much damage imo. Frame is clearly cracked and the steering head is probably effed up bad. I'd part it out first.
i looked at the pics today at turbomusty shop and ya its pretty bad, but the gsxr 1k is not bad at all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts