True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like title says, just trying to get an idea of what all to look into. Already have full exhaust on it.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
nitrous, then some more nitrous, get some heads and a good cam.. then a bit more nitrous

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking into a cam and nitrous, but not sure how big of a shot it can handle without a build.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was thinking 125 with a cam. Possibly turbo though if i can find one cheap enough.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Full exhaust as in Long Tubes included? If it's a 99, get an LS6 intake, good for about 15whp.

I just looked at your other thread, so you have long tubes, but either get rid of that Flowmaster catback, or get a cutout. Flowmaster sounds good, but flow worse than the stock catback, lol.

Gears is a good upgrade, but it's a crap shoot whether the stock rear will survive with 4.10's or higher.

Nitrous, cam, heads, etc. Just depends on what you're willing to spend.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes has long tubes, been seeing ls6 intakes on ls1tech. How hard is it to install and should i do it before the tune or okay for after?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I started with a lid... and well that's as far as I've gotten so far lol. Saturday comes a catback. If it's an auto stall that bitch now. Nevermind its a 6-speed just read that. in that case, the first 2 I would do If I were you is a 9 inch rear, and get the hell rid of that flowmaster. I like the way they sound, but I've heard they don't flow well.

1. Lid if not already there
2. Rearend
3. New Catback or a cutout
4. A real clutch
5. A new intake manifold to support what you're going to do later. Since its a 99 its not an LS6 manifold, so I'd look in that direction.

Justin

Edit: I didn't read all of the posts, sorry for the repeats of what Muerte_X said, but hey it's reinforcement lol

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
311 Posts
Matches, gasoline, chair, stick, and hotdogs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The FTRA is cool, but check out the Super sucker. It's got a pretty badass scoop on it lol. But the FTRA has a scoop adapter you can buy I think.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yes has long tubes, been seeing ls6 intakes on ls1tech. How hard is it to install and should i do it before the tune or okay for after?
They're pretty easy to install, just gotta watch out for the oil pressure sensor when you're taking the old one off. I could probably do it in about 30mins, after doing mine.

I would do it before the tune. You won't hurt anything doing it after, but it'll throw off the AFR a bit.

Oh, do all the free mods too if they're not already done. Ported throttle body, free ram air, etc. They do help quite a bit.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're pretty easy to install, just gotta watch out for the oil pressure sensor when you're taking the old one off. I could probably do it in about 30mins, after doing mine.

I would do it before the tune. You won't hurt anything doing it after, but it'll throw off the AFR a bit.
ok cool. I'll see what i can find pretty quick since gonna have sean tune it soon.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Lid, P&P Throttle body, Ls6 intake, Cutout(to save money), Then your ready for a cam and some heads and/or nitrous. Don't forget the drag radials, a clutch and eventually(sooner then you think) a 9" rear end. :driving:

And last but not least a tune from Solid Technology.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
The stock fuel system and internals will hold 150. The FTRA is good for .2 and 2 mph but you have to seal the ram air to the underside of teh airbox, very easy just use some weather striping form home depot.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
The stock fuel system and internals will hold 150. The FTRA is good for .2 and 2 mph but you have to seal the ram air to the underside of teh airbox, very easy just use some weather striping form home depot.
I'm gonna need to get one for sure then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts