True Street Cars Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· you know you want me!!!
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like title says, just trying to get an idea of what all to look into. Already have full exhaust on it.

1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking into a cam and nitrous, but not sure how big of a shot it can handle without a build.

1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was thinking 125 with a cam. Possibly turbo though if i can find one cheap enough.

· Registered
349 Posts
Full exhaust as in Long Tubes included? If it's a 99, get an LS6 intake, good for about 15whp.

I just looked at your other thread, so you have long tubes, but either get rid of that Flowmaster catback, or get a cutout. Flowmaster sounds good, but flow worse than the stock catback, lol.

Gears is a good upgrade, but it's a crap shoot whether the stock rear will survive with 4.10's or higher.

Nitrous, cam, heads, etc. Just depends on what you're willing to spend.

1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes has long tubes, been seeing ls6 intakes on ls1tech. How hard is it to install and should i do it before the tune or okay for after?

· Registered
317 Posts
I started with a lid... and well that's as far as I've gotten so far lol. Saturday comes a catback. If it's an auto stall that bitch now. Nevermind its a 6-speed just read that. in that case, the first 2 I would do If I were you is a 9 inch rear, and get the hell rid of that flowmaster. I like the way they sound, but I've heard they don't flow well.

1. Lid if not already there
2. Rearend
3. New Catback or a cutout
4. A real clutch
5. A new intake manifold to support what you're going to do later. Since its a 99 its not an LS6 manifold, so I'd look in that direction.

Justin

Edit: I didn't read all of the posts, sorry for the repeats of what Muerte_X said, but hey it's reinforcement lol

1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
311 Posts
Matches, gasoline, chair, stick, and hotdogs.

· Registered
349 Posts
yes has long tubes, been seeing ls6 intakes on ls1tech. How hard is it to install and should i do it before the tune or okay for after?
They're pretty easy to install, just gotta watch out for the oil pressure sensor when you're taking the old one off. I could probably do it in about 30mins, after doing mine.

I would do it before the tune. You won't hurt anything doing it after, but it'll throw off the AFR a bit.

Oh, do all the free mods too if they're not already done. Ported throttle body, free ram air, etc. They do help quite a bit.

1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're pretty easy to install, just gotta watch out for the oil pressure sensor when you're taking the old one off. I could probably do it in about 30mins, after doing mine.

I would do it before the tune. You won't hurt anything doing it after, but it'll throw off the AFR a bit.
ok cool. I'll see what i can find pretty quick since gonna have sean tune it soon.

· GetSOM!!!
1,444 Posts
Lid, P&P Throttle body, Ls6 intake, Cutout(to save money), Then your ready for a cam and some heads and/or nitrous. Don't forget the drag radials, a clutch and eventually(sooner then you think) a 9" rear end. :driving:

And last but not least a tune from Solid Technology.

· Premium Member
1,815 Posts
The stock fuel system and internals will hold 150. The FTRA is good for .2 and 2 mph but you have to seal the ram air to the underside of teh airbox, very easy just use some weather striping form home depot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.