True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been toying around with the idea for a while, and I just wanted to get some feedback from some guys who have nitrous experience about what they like, and what to stay away from.

Obviously every manufacturer will give you one reason or another as to why their product is the best, so I want to know what REALLY works the best based on empirical experience.

So, what I'm interested in would be a direct port, four fogger system, that is capable of a maximum of 250hp (and will most likely never be jetted that high).

I always look at the N.O.S. products, just because they've been around so long, I figure they must have it down. I also know that NX makes some really high quality stuff, and I've heard good things about ZEX, but get the feeling that they're more of the showey F&F crowd. Also, I've seen some more exotic stuff from some smaller companies.

I like to go to the dragstrip, so I know I need a blowdown tube, what other accessories are worth the expense? I know a bottle blanket is good to have around, and remote bottle openers are cool, but unnecessary, and purging actually does help with deliver, not just for show...

I appreciate any advice guys, thanks!

·
3rd Gear
604 Posts
I had a NX kit years ago on my eclipse. As far as "accessories" go, i'd get everything you can. Blanket definatly helps on cooler days. Remote opener is a MUST for the street, instead of pulling over to open the bottle. Purge clears the line/fresh juice to the nozzle, call that a must as well. RPM window switch will help you from blowing the motor. Gauge up front is definate help. Multiple bottles if you plan on spraying a the time. ETC!

First thing you need is a budget of what you want to spend. Seems like there are many folks who put together a decent kit, then ditch it... so you may be able to save a little cash getting it second hand.

·
Get Famous, Get Money
1,245 Posts
I like my NX kit, with purge, heater, window switch. Also make sure you get a wideband as well to montior your A/F ratio as well. You also can run nozzle system or plate system. Consider how much you want to spend on you Nitrous set-up. Its easy to spend a $1k on a good set-up.

·
Hi my name is
3,873 Posts
I like my NX kit, with purge, heater, window switch. Also make sure you get a wideband as well to montior your A/F ratio as well. You also can run nozzle system or plate system. Consider how much you want to spend on you Nitrous set-up. Its easy to spend a $1k on a good set-up.
so did we just figure out the "and some" :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like your whip is pretty nasty, what kind of power does it make?

I've been liking the NX stuff more and more, it seems like $600-1000 is about what it will cost depending on how fancy I get. It's going to be a while though, I was thinking I might run a small shot to supplement the turbo, and make good power without spinning the hell out of it, but at this point, I think I'm just going to stretch it out as far as I can with boost before I worry about a second power adder. Definitely still on the back burner though, hindsight is 20/20, but I wish I would have gone with a bigger turbo now. I just havn't gotten anywhere near what this one can flow, so I figure I should see what it can really do before I go throwing more power adders at it, lol!

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
hands down NX is the best set up for a mild street car and that is taking in to consideration cost vs quality. if you can find a F2 tnt kit they are awesome as well. TNT was the guy who designed the "top gun" nitrous kit that made NX so popular in the 90s.

Zex nitrous is a podded unit and never worked well for us. on the dyno it showed sub par results and cost as much as a NX set up. If i was to ever go nitrous again i would do the NX my self .

If cost is no issue there is always Wilson set up they are salty

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Check out induction soultions there suppose to be one of the best.

·
Ya'll better wreckonize.
1,149 Posts
What turbo are you gonna run Grey?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on bye, we will get you set up with what you need. We pedal NOS systems, Edelbrock, NX and Zex, everything you need. Thanks Jim
Always a great selection!

hands down NX is the best set up for a mild street car and that is taking in to consideration cost vs quality. if you can find a F2 tnt kit they are awesome as well. TNT was the guy who designed the "top gun" nitrous kit that made NX so popular in the 90s.

Zex nitrous is a podded unit and never worked well for us. on the dyno it showed sub par results and cost as much as a NX set up. If i was to ever go nitrous again i would do the NX my self .

If cost is no issue there is always Wilson set up they are salty
Check out induction soultions there suppose to be one of the best.
Really good info guys, thanks! Always good to hear from people who have experience with it.

What turbo are you gonna run Grey?
I'm running a 6262.

·
Get Famous, Get Money
1,245 Posts
Just spray it and don't look back! I was spraying my Lightning on 18lbs of boost and a 25shot picked up 60rwhp cuz it cooled down the IAT's so much so worth it IMHO. Thats how i finally my my 11sec pass :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts