True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so like i said i ran a 13.5 at 104mph with a 2.1 or 2.2 60ft on my shitty ass street tires. what do you people think i could run if i got radials?i think with radials i can bring my 60ft down to atleast a 1.8 or lower probably. i got a year till i actually get to see because i cant make it to the track by time it closes, so i thought i would see what you guys think...

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My girlfriends full weight mustang went [email protected] with et streets on motor. You should be right about there maybe a high 12 in this cold weather.
yeah i hope for high 12's. i wanna try to beat primetime's 12.7 @ 107 with a 1.8 60. nothing against you primetime its just a goal i guess since you are another fox with a close setup.

also what does you girl got done?

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
Depends on your driving and shiftting. Possible to run as fast as 12.9-13.3 All up to you. You dont have the power that primetime has looking at your trap so...

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on your driving and shiftting. Possible to run as fast as 12.9-13.3 All up to you. You dont have the power that primetime has looking at your trap so...
i think if i am right i raced primetime before. i believe he is the 347 grey primer mustang. i raced him about a month and a half ago from a 2nd gear through 4th gear and i pulled him by a bumper or so. and my trap is only 3 MPH slower with street tires he had MT's i think

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
The street is a whole different animal. Lets see how the car works at the track. When you getting the radials?

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The street is a whole different animal. Lets see how the car works at the track. When you getting the radials?
i wouldnt be able to go till next year. no moeny right now so i gotta wait. i was gonna get them 3 weeks ago but i got into a motorcycle accident and have not worked for 3 weeks. sooo basically im dirt poor now.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
She sold that car but it was 3.73's, edlebrock heads, probe 347 kit, headers, flowmaster exhaust, cobra intake, tb, maf. 91 gt with everything in it.

·
3rd Gear
153 Posts
i wouldnt be able to go till next year. no moeny right now so i gotta wait. i was gonna get them 3 weeks ago but i got into a motorcycle accident and have not worked for 3 weeks. sooo basically im dirt poor now.
you still on a 4 lug set up? I ran a 12.8 @109 with a set up very similar to yours
(I suspect my car is lighter then yours).Do you have any suspension work done? If your still on a 4 lug rear I have a set of M/T 255/50/16 you could borrow.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
I bet you could hit a 13.00 with tires. Hell a 12.9 12.8 isn't that far off either I guess. Shit with street tires just warm em' up, and powershift like a mofo. When i was going for my first 13 n/a I was hitting 14.1 14.0 all night then I said fuck it, did a longer burnout and powershifted and hit 13.9.. on street tires with my 5 speed

G

·
i think if i am right i raced primetime before. i believe he is the 347 grey primer mustang. i raced him about a month and a half ago from a 2nd gear through 4th gear and i pulled him by a bumper or so. and my trap is only 3 MPH slower with street tires he had MT's i think
hell i only trap 3 MPH slower than FTP77777 and he kills me on the top end he just drives around me big time from about the 1/8th on

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
hell i only trap 3 MPH slower than FTP77777 and he kills me on the top end he just drives around me big time from about the 1/8th on
Cause you need to get your fat head under the windscreen :lol:

When I ran my 5.0 Coupe back in the black n' white days, I had the KB 1.5L on with McCreary(similar to MT I compounds) street tires and ran 13.30s @104mph on 5psi w/2.05 60ft. time. So I'd say you could get in the 12s w/1.80 60 footers w/o any problems.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bet you could hit a 13.00 with tires. Hell a 12.9 12.8 isn't that far off either I guess. Shit with street tires just warm em' up, and powershift like a mofo. When i was going for my first 13 n/a I was hitting 14.1 14.0 all night then I said fuck it, did a longer burnout and powershifted and hit 13.9.. on street tires with my 5 speed
dude i did lol. i burned them forever and finally hit 13.5 but couldnt get any lower. just couldnt hook through 2nd very well. i freakin hope 12.9999999999 lol then i would be happy ; ) for a lil while.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you still on a 4 lug set up? I ran a 12.8 @109 with a set up very similar to yours
(I suspect my car is lighter then yours).Do you have any suspension work done? If your still on a 4 lug rear I have a set of M/T 255/50/16 you could borrow.
no suspension and yes 4 lug. thnx alot though bro i would love to use them but i really dont even have money to go this weekend. wait when does the track close? this sunday right? i dunno but also i wouldnt want you to waste your tires on me. those things are expensive man. thnk you very much though.

what is your setup again?

·
Bolt Speedman
4,751 Posts
hate to burst your bubble but the car went 12.4 @ 109 on radials, and ive gone a best of 13.2 @ 107 on street tires.. and the winter is bringing more mods

·
ez2curanut
165 Posts
She sold that car but it was 3.73's, edlebrock heads, probe 347 kit, headers, flowmaster exhaust, cobra intake, tb, maf. 91 gt with everything in it.
wow, i had pretty similar setup and went 12.6 on futura (shitty pepboys tires) at the track few years back, stock interior 87 mustang.:headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
wow, i had pretty similar setup and went 12.6 on futura (shitty pepboys tires) at the track few years back, stock interior 87 mustang.:headbang:
I didn't know you had a car. I just figured you rode that tripod around. lol I think I was still trying to get my first hard on in '87.

·
3rd Gear
153 Posts
no suspension and yes 4 lug. thnx alot though bro i would love to use them but i really dont even have money to go this weekend. wait when does the track close? this sunday right? i dunno but also i wouldnt want you to waste your tires on me. those things are expensive man. thnk you very much though.

what is your setup again?
Stock block
scat crank
H beam rods
probe forged pistons
trick flow cam, stage 2
AFR 185 heads
performer RPM air gap
holley 650 DP
long tube headers
msd ignition

The offer stands on the tires, If i was worried about the wear I wouldn't be offering.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
hate to burst your bubble but the car went 12.4 @ 109 on radials, and ive gone a best of 13.2 @ 107 on street tires.. and the winter is bringing more mods
Yeah with a trap that high it seems as if he is making alot more power, or is lighter. Id say with radials you may be able to get down to a [email protected] WHTKNTE.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts