True Street Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
3rd Gear
153 Posts
I think there is actually a specific gravity difference in Av gas also... most nitrous manufactures recommend that you dont use it. I have used it in the mustang with no problems though. Badnews has used it also, he may have more info on specific gravity and such, I think he would mix it with other fuel.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Actually, It was in a late 80s ranger.. I was just starting my career in aviation.. Av gas was abundant and I used it. I have no idea about the content of lead in race gas.
If i remember right, it was 2 grams of lead in every 1 gallon of Avgas and i believe race fuels have on average about 6 grams of lead for every 1 gallon of gas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman,
Hey guys, just found out that Desert fuels is teaming up with VP Racing fuels and is putting at the pump in the 101 octane flavor. Their grand opening is this Saturday 8/15/2015 at the gas station just east of Rio Grande/Alameda. I don't know the price yet but it will be available in at the pump. Here is a link to the article

Desert Fuels to Grow VP Racing Fuels Brand in Southwest | Desert Fuels - Delivering Value

My Supercharger will be Happy :)
--quarkdude

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Holy thread revival Batman,
Hey guys, just found out that Desert fuels is teaming up with VP Racing fuels and is putting at the pump in the 101 octane flavor. Their grand opening is this Saturday 8/15/2015 at the gas station just east of Rio Grande/Alameda. I don't know the price yet but it will be available in at the pump. Here is a link to the article

Desert Fuels to Grow VP Racing Fuels Brand in Southwest | Desert Fuels - Delivering Value

My Supercharger will be Happy :)
--quarkdude
:headbang:

·
Im slow :(
640 Posts
Just stopped by. 91 was they highest they had at the pump. But they did have the 5 gallon cans of different fuels in stock.

·
Life begins at 135mph..
1,328 Posts
$8.49 for 101 this morning. Haven't seen any cars at the pumps but the truck was there refueling the 101 supply so somebody is buying it.

Regarding lead (Pb) content: they say good to go for CA (C.A.R.B.) emissions and will not harm cat/O2 sensors. Quien sabes...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts