True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
True. I didn't think about that. I'm also pretty sure the $100+k price tag isn't helping, especially with the new Corvettes stealing all the attention.
not only that but it doesn't offer much more then the previous gen. Kinda like the jump from c5 to pre ls3 c6's. Hell it can't outperfom a 5 year old tech zr1 and most of what I read the viper guys even say this gen was a fail.

·
Registered
199 Posts
this gen was a fail, definitely a good looking car, and bad ass, as all vipers are. but its missing something. i don't know what it is, but its def missing something.

the Chrysler dealership down the street from me, has 11 of these lined up. seems like a lot of vipers for one stealership don't you think.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This was a viper fail, looked good, better interior but no new tech, or horsepower to match what's out or coming out. At 100k plus it should have been better. I was hoping for more and would just save 30k and buy an 08 for similar performance or wait for Z07 and have looks and power.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It was a fail for various reasons.

1. Price they really forgot about the current viper/corvette owners (those who would spend 30k-100k on such a car) and tried to market the car to snag a few ferrari/lamborgini owners. Problem is those who can afford an exotic car usually won't buy a Dodge (srt) product for the price.

I've got a few buddies who will only buy italian sportbikes. They won't look at a japanese or german bike no matter how good it is same mentality as above.

2. the economy
3. The few of us who always want more power. SRT did not deliver enough hp.
4. Chevrolet is now going to gobble up the remaining viper market with its new c7 vette and soon z06.

I prefer the viper over the corvette but now that dodge/fiat has shot themselves in the foot so to speak. My next purchase as of right now would likely be a z06.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mr Abq im with you on all points. Cant make a car to go after the turbo s, gtr, lambo etc unless it can really keep up or beat them. The looks are great but the performance was a let down. They should have seen from the ZR1, the performance was great but at 120k the looks and fit and finish wasn't worth it and now for 75-85k a used zr1 is a steal for a ton of car. Also doesn't help that the old days of the simple Paxton or even a lower cost tt viper on gone and it has become a 60-70k stand alone only option to upgrade these things. Its like the 2013/2014 gt500 I cant get over the demand and people paying 60-70k for a car Shelby never saw, signed but people love new looks, new tech and power so they bring the prem over a KR or Shelby GT etc. 662hp does seem pretty cheap at half the price of the 640hp viper though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As your one-stop online store, we supply thousands of high-quality rc helicopters,rc airplanes, and more, all at exceptional prices, and with Cheapest Shipping Fee! Experience professional service and buy high quality made-in-China RC today.
Registering only takes a few seconds and is free, after which you'll have your own brand-new shopping cart to fill with all the goods that you want!

Esky Belt-CP

·
Registered
5 Posts
You must change you perspective if you are convinced that electronic rc helicopter would not fly for long then. Most modern electrical rcs are along with brushless motors and powered by lithium batteries. This causes it to be travel a lot longer. In fact it may out last a number of the gas rcs.

Esky Belt-CP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.