True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Haters Drive Me
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOcmLdrlys]Sychos 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Reached my goal on my first and only pass last Saturday night. This was only my sixth pass total with the car. I know the car has a faster time in it with a little more seat time but I enjoy driving my car more than breaking it trying to go as fast as possible.

The only mods to my car are a Whipple supercharger, CAI, and full exhaust. I'm still on a stock clutch. Car still has full interior.

Race weight is 3120lbs w/o me in the car. DA was 7900+

This was a arm drop drag night, that is the reason for the 5+ sec reaction time.

:headbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Decent 60 for an IRS car, well done. Definitely has more in it, but I understand wanting to drive it home.

·
LOL VAJJ
6,440 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Sick bro!!

·
Its just LOUD
739 Posts
Sweet!!! Congrats David

·
Get Famous, Get Money
1,245 Posts
Awesome run! Congrats David!

·
Haters Drive Me
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!

Decent 60 for an IRS car, well done. Definitely has more in it, but I understand wanting to drive it home.
It's supprising how well the Corvette IRS works. The best 60 I've seen so far was a high 1.3 60ft on a stock suspension manual trans Z06. I've seen cars at my power level pull into the 1.4's.

wasn't there a shit talking thread about you not getting a 10 second slip?
Lol ya.........The shit talking is that I have "lack of time slips". From what I gather one doesn't know what he's doing without having time slips and I'm more of a street guy. Never really cared for the track much until the shit talking started. If it wasn't for the change in times and the track being generously lenient with their rules I still wouldn't have time slips because my car will never have a cage in it unless I hit the lottery and can afford both a full out drag Corvette and a fast street Corvette.

There are a few guys that I've been working with that are going to be making big #'s and like going down the track so lack of time slips from me and the guys I work with is beginning to be a thing of the past.

That is it for the track with this build. My next build will have a lot of time slips even if I have to participate in track rental days so that I can run really fast times without a cage in my street car(not my caged drag car that can drive on the street).

very nice. next time get a better cameraman/camera than a greasy cell phone lens.
Thanks. The camera was kind of a last minute thing and am thankful that Speedie07 took the video on his potato.

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
You still have to abide by track rules during a rental btw

·
Haters Drive Me
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well then. Looks like I'm back to my original plan of sticking with 1/8th mi until I'm comfortable enough for that one glory run. Or find an outlaw track to run at. :shrug:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice run! Way to run that other guy down!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts