True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I watched that show. Car and pass looked great. Nice wheels up shot they got of your car :driving:

Did the motor let go at the point the host said you had a nitrous backfire?

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Damn Scott that was inspiring! Car looked F*cking SICK! I would have been throwing absolutely everything I could at my engine if that was me lol. Do you normally run a 250 shot or was that a special deal for the show? I would have been nervous with all those cameras lol. Nice job representing NM street cars man, 10.14 FTW!!!!

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I watched that show. Car and pass looked great. Nice wheels up shot they got of your car :driving:

Did the motor let go at the point the host said you had a nitrous backfire?

Yeah it did. The best I can tell from the 2 home video cameras we had running the MSD quit firing for about 1/2 second. When it sparked back off there was a huge nitrous/fuel explosion. The ignition would quit once in a while for a split second on the street. The block cracked. I had sprayed that 250 with a very conservative tunes about 10 times before this without any problems. Well, actually I did break a convertor once and had to go to cometic head gaskets after breaking the stock ones, but other than that no problems LOL

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Who does the picking for a show like that? And how did they know about you???

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
My car is on that show every single time it airs now:reddevil:

to bad it wasn't me driving...

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You just sit around at the track all weekend and when they come by you try to campaign your car whenever they stop by. It is a long weekend, but when you finally get picked it is all worth it. They ask you a few questions and you try to be original. I told them it was probably the fastes street legal police car in the world. They liked that. The track owner told them I had "cop lights" and they thought it would be cool. They told me like 10 times as I was walking back to the car, "Don't forget the lights, Turn on the lights"

Good times!

Gotta love the ole Emmett spin out (in the car that is now owned by Finchstang). Every time a Roswell episode airs you see at least part of that spin. LOL Emmett stayed in it WAY to long. I bet this is what scared him into selling that car way too cheap (IMO)

But at least now Finchstang has one hell of a foundation to start with. That car has serious potential!!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
You just sit around at the track all weekend and when they come by you try to campaign your car whenever they stop by. It is a long weekend, but when you finally get picked it is all worth it. They ask you a few questions and you try to be original. I told them it was probably the fastes street legal police car in the world. They liked that. The track owner told them I had "cop lights" and they thought it would be cool. They told me like 10 times as I was walking back to the car, "Don't forget the lights, Turn on the lights"

Good times!

Gotta love the ole Emmett spin out (in the car that is now owned by Finchstang). Every time a Roswell episode airs you see at least part of that spin. LOL Emmett stayed in it WAY to long. I bet this is what scared him into selling that car way too cheap (IMO)

But at least now Finchstang has one hell of a foundation to start with. That car has serious potential!!
You won't even be able to recognize the car as soon as it gets back:wink:

Now I have some more serious money into it

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I'm Shameless.

My brother and I were watching this today so I just had to come on here and bump it TTT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts