True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solid Roller Camshaft, 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers, Stud Gurdle arrived today. Woot. The Brodix Cylinder Heads will be here in the next couple of weeks.

Nitrous cam from hell. 649 Lift on both Intake and Exhaust, 300 Duration and 110 degree lobe seperation.

Plus the 1.6 rockers increase the lift another what??? .030???

These are the parts to go with these others you may have seen before....

·
زنجي الر
3,361 Posts
Looks like your quest for 9 is getting closer and closer

300 duration sounds gnarly too

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
And to think you could just have went FI. JK, If those parts don't make a No Bull car haul ass nothing will. :headbang:

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Hell yea looks like alot of goodies. What are the specs on that Rotating assembly?? That going in the Vega??

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell yea looks like alot of goodies. What are the specs on that Rotating assembly?? That going in the Vega??
This is the Vega engine of the future. The rotating assembly is a 377. The Dart Little M block is a new standard 400. The crank is a Lunati Billet Steel rated at 8500+ RPM and 1000 HP. The Rods and pistons as well. The assembly is a balanced set with custom length rods (5.850 IIRC). The 377 is supposed to build lots of top end HP and rev to the moon. The Heads are 200CC runner RR Brodix. I am planning to spray 250 and de-tune to run 10.0. The Nitrous system will spray 400. The engine should handle a 400 shot like a 100 shot on a stock V8.

G

·
This is the Vega engine of the future. The rotating assembly is a 377. The Dart Little M block is a new standard 400. The crank is a Lunati Billet Steel rated at 8500+ RPM and 1000 HP. The Rods and pistons as well. The assembly is a balanced set with custom length rods (5.850 IIRC). The 377 is supposed to build lots of top end HP and rev to the moon. The Heads are 200CC runner RR Brodix. I am planning to spray 250 and de-tune to run 10.0. The Nitrous system will spray 400. The engine should handle a 400 shot like a 100 shot on a stock V8.
are you ever going to spray a 400shot if so what do you think that will make the car run??

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Wow. Always wanted to try the 377 setup. Thought it would be fun revving to 7500 all day long. And holy shit that is a high dollar setup. Should accomplish a 10 flat no problem. Shit, what do you expect out of it NA?

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow. Always wanted to try the 377 setup. Thought it would be fun revving to 7500 all day long. And holy shit that is a high dollar setup. Should accomplish a 10 flat no problem. Shit, what do you expect out of it NA?
The convertor is hell on the car when running N/A. I am shooting for 10.90's N/A and 10.0 on a 100 shot.

A 400 shot in a perfect world, assuming the car will hook-up, I would hope the car would run a 8.99ish.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
The convertor is hell on the car when running N/A. I am shooting for 10.90's N/A and 10.0 on a 100 shot.

A 400 shot in a perfect world, assuming the car will hook-up, I would hope the car would run a 8.99ish.

Really loose?? How long till you put her together?? Still missing parts?

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The convertor is really tight. On motor when it shifts into high gear (powerglide) it "locks" almost imediately and sort of bogs down. It feels somthing like shifting too early when towing a trailer. I am hopeful that this motor will have more torque to prevent some of that.

On bottle the convertor is perfect. I suppose you can't have it both ways.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts

nice set up... what compression range are you looking at.. w/1.6 rockers your aprox 691 gross lift... w/110 lsa all i can say is "rumpaty, rumpaty, rumpaty"...

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The compression is about 9.5 to one with the cometic head gaskets. In fact, it is going to the builder tomorrow so after mock-up and push rods are ordered it should be done some time in the near future.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
The compression is about 9.5 to one with the cometic head gaskets. In fact, it is going to the builder tomorrow so after mock-up and push rods are ordered it should be done some time in the near future.

ol' girl aught to buggie...

i've seen you car several times but, never got to meet you... maybe this year.. hell i've know buffhomer for about 5 years now and we've never met face to face..lol...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts