True Street Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was dissappointed looked to me like lesnar was just there to collect his last pay check he realy didn't shoot for a take down the fight was overhyped and an embarassement on lesnars part... I'm a lesnar fan and this fight kinda pissed me off I gotta felling we might see him back in wwe.... and ceronne came out slow and got picked apart with boxing... I thought it was funny when they were supposed to touch gloves and he thew the bird at nate tho :lol: on the upside cowboy was landing some good leg kicks knocking diaz down about 5 times but it wasn't enough for the decision...

And wow jon fitch knocked out in 12 seconds... looks like hendricks is the real deal... did anybody notice that they cut a piece of his beard after the fight what was that about?

·
Registered
188 Posts
And wow jon fitch knocked out in 12 seconds... looks like hendricks is the real deal... did anybody notice that they cut a piece of his beard after the fight what was that about?
Hendricks is the man, been following him since the Sodallah fight. Lets see who they give him next, either Ellinburger or McDonald would be good fights.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm thinkng the winner between sanchez and ellenburger... you also have nick diaz and carlos condit fighting and pretty sure koscheck is still in the mix too. Looks like the welterwieght division is stacked..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Overhyped sums up Lesnar's whole career. Overeem is the FAR better and more experienced fighter, be it ground or strikes. Lesnar never had a chance, like Monty said.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Overhyped sums up Lesnar's whole career. Overeem is the FAR better and more experienced fighter, be it ground or strikes. Lesnar never had a chance, like Monty said.
I find it hard to believe that people are bashing lesnar.. you can't deny that he proved him self as a fighter he did beat mir, coutore, herring, and carwin let's face it his weakness is striking but id like to know how much of an effect that diverticulitous really had on brock coming into the fight he seemed to crumble fairly easy from the body shots..

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
lesnars sickness has made him alot smaller then he used to be but he is in the wwe 2012 video game?
He is in the game as a legand character he has not officallly signed any contact with wwe due to the fact that it would violate his current contract with the ufc... I hope he doesn't go back to fake wrestling and just disappears..

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
I said Brock has problems with strikers and overeem is an animal here is the proof.
I don't think anyone in MMA can stand and bang with Overeem, the guy is a beast, and one of if not the best kick boxer's in the world...hell he made a guy quit pretty much from one kick to the ribs...I cant wait to see him run through the UFC like he did Strikeforce....F** the Diaz brothers, they may be good but are classless douchebags that don't deserve to be in the cage with anyone.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I find it hard to believe that people are bashing lesnar.. you can't deny that he proved him self as a fighter he did beat mir, coutore, herring, and carwin let's face it his weakness is striking but id like to know how much of an effect that diverticulitous really had on brock coming into the fight he seemed to crumble fairly easy from the body shots..
I really dont think he ever proved anything. He's a good wrestler I give you that, but that in no way made him the great fighter everyone thought he was. Look at what Frank Mir he beat. Mir has improved a ton since then. Lesnar has not. He beat Randy Couture, sure, but how old is Randy? So he beat carwin...good for him, I still think he was always way over rated.

·
Slowpoke
4,436 Posts
I really dont think he ever proved anything. He's a good wrestler I give you that, but that in no way made him the great fighter everyone thought he was. Look at what Frank Mir he beat. Mir has improved a ton since then. Lesnar has not. He beat Randy Couture, sure, but how old is Randy? So he beat carwin...good for him, I still think he was always way over rated.
Pretty much summed it up. We all knew the WWE freak show would come to an end sooner or later.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah...is this was greco roman, he'd be at the top. But Couture was shy by over 40 lbs and was man-handling Lesnar on the ground. Lesnar relied on his immense size and he got lucky a few times. Look at his record and it's hard to deny that. Truly skillful fighters have score cards that read very differently than Lesnars.

Cro Cop, 27-10-2
Overeem, 36-11
Couture, 19-11
Shamrock, 28-15-2
Emelianenko, 33-4

Lesnar, 5-3

...really? You're gonna say Lesnar is one of the greats? That's an insult to the rest of them. He should stick to WWE.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I don't think anyone in MMA can stand and bang with Overeem, the guy is a beast, and one of if not the best kick boxer's in the world...hell he made a guy quit pretty much from one kick to the ribs...I cant wait to see him run through the UFC like he did Strikeforce....F** the Diaz brothers, they may be good but are classless douchebags that don't deserve to be in the cage with anyone.
I would take Dos Santos hands over Overeem

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
I would take Dos Santos hands over Overeem
I will put money on that fight...Dos Santos has never fought anyone with the kind of stand up Overeem has...not to mention Overeem has great ground take down defense. How much you wanna lose as the fight is a for sure thing..lol

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Well the fights not gonna happen for awhile but ill put money down

41 - 60 of 68 Posts