True Street Cars Forums banner

Turboing a motor with 116k miles?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Twin Turbo Tiger 
#1 ·
Got a buddy that wants to turbo his 116k mile motor, what would the results be? It runs very well right now, no burning oil, nothing, just runs. Thanks, Justin

#3 ·
ask TT Tiger... that what he has.. think his has closer to 200k on it with twin's .. if the motor has blow-by turn it up ...j/k don't do that!!

#6 ·
Dude, my last car was a bone yard 5.0 stock ass bottom end and I had a 67mm precision on it making 10-12 lbs boost and that thing ran awesome! Just make sure timing and fuel are dialed and it should be alright. That motor made a lot of blow by but my theory is high mileage motor has pretty loose worn rings so alows blow by so they run strong and stay together. Just my :twocents:

#7 ·
turbo that bitch!! The worst that could happen is it will eventually give him a good reason to rebuild it.........maybe even stroke it...lol. I have seen tons of high mileage motors take a serious beating. I had a 85 with 140k on the clock and i sprayed a 200 button down it for ever.

#9 ·
I turbo'd my old car at 195,000mi, 11psi and it proceeded to knock out bottom 11s all day.

Turbo that sucker.

#13 ·
Yes my stock motor has over 200k and runs on 10lbs and pump gas. Made 386 rwhp thru a PG
If it was my motor to blow up I would turn it up but since the guy was nice enough to loan me his motor I'm just going to stay where I'm at.
The other motor is almost paid for by my sponser Sherbie:playa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.