True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Turbo AE86 build (Finally Runs)

Started out as a budget build, decided to go with the ITB's and it snowballed from there.
A quick run down. 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS. U.S.D.M. 4AGZE,Forced Performance Ball Bearing Turbo,Home made 4-1 Manifold, HALTECH Platinum 1000, ACT clutch, ITB's w/T3 Velocity Stacks & adapter,custom airbox,Tial wastegate & B.O.V.,Greddy TT Supra intercooler,Manual rack conversion.

Let me know what u think.

T3 adapter plate & ITB,s

Airbox completed

Old Pic=)

Wastegate.

4" intake.

completed

My old start up video. Open down pipe(sounds like a Deere)

[ame=http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p309/importrider_ae86/?action=view&current=AE86070.flv]
[/ame]

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Sleeperish. Nice!!! how does it run?

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Nice.....

·
Registered
417 Posts
badass, i want an 86 but havent located one around NC that someone doesnt think it has 5 pounds of gold hid in it somewhere.

Jason

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sleeperish. Nice!!! how does it run?
It doesnt. Been having Megasquirt issues since day one. Im having 1 more person look at it, If he cant figure it out im going to Haltec.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Nice engine bay bro looks a lot better the the original.

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Yeah I'm going to definitely go Haltech on mine and skip the hassle of MS. I have seen your car at Solid, and it sucks that it can't run because of crappy engine management. Hopefully that will get sorted and you can get that beast on the road!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
You might want to also consider an AEM EMS. I put there first universal box, which was just 30-1010 box, on a corolla with a silvertop and automatic transmission. It controlled the engine and trans. The haltech has difficult time picking up the toyota crank/cam sensor. It is quite possibly one of the lowest voltage signals. When I would put haltechs on toyota's, I would have to use the MSD sine wave to digital signal converters. Which may actually be your problem with the mega squirt.

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might want to also consider an AEM EMS. I put there first universal box, which was just 30-1010 box, on a corolla with a silvertop and automatic transmission. It controlled the engine and trans. The haltech has difficult time picking up the toyota crank/cam sensor. It is quite possibly one of the lowest voltage signals. When I would put haltechs on toyota's, I would have to use the MSD sine wave to digital signal converters. Which may actually be your problem with the mega squirt.
Last i checked the universal EMS was about 2500.00. Havnt checked latly though. Im running the EDIS-4 with the megasquirt. I will check into the AEM.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
aem ae86

They were released at that price at first. But no one would buy them for that much, being they were new.
The official release of the universal box actually uses the ford eec-iv plug connector. It had the cheapest cost and most available pins for auxilary inputs and outputs. So that also lowered the price.

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They were released at that price at first. But no one would buy them for that much, being they were new.
The official release of the universal box actually uses the ford eec-iv plug connector. It had the cheapest cost and most available pins for auxilary inputs and outputs. So that also lowered the price.
The cheapest i could find it was still $2200.00. Haltec is going to run me 1400.00. Thats quite a bit of difference. Unless you know of cheaper?

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
The cheapest i could find it was still $2200.00. Haltec is going to run me 1400.00. Thats quite a bit of difference. Unless you know of cheaper?
Did you check out the deals JSP has for C4AG members? The most expensive Haltech kit is still under a grand. Most are in the $750-$950 range. Obviously that is without a tune though.

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Added my old start up video. Can somebody fix the link for me? It looks retarded. Car was idling at 400 r.p.m.'s.

·
P.S.I. IS KING
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Little update. Took a break from the car for a bit, but got back on it today. Ordered some brand new injectors today(440cc). Should be in later in the week. Found out 1 problem with the M.S., i was running low impedence injectors with a high impedence setting in the m.s. So hopefully i can replace the injector drivers on the m.s.(if they're smoked), install the new injectors and get this bitch running again!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts