True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother needs some help tuning the motor on his project bike. It's a Yamaha blaster with the GS1000 motor and extended swing arm. He has it wired up and running but he feels like it doesn't run right when he gets on it. Anybody have any experience tuning these motors?

·
SH!T JUST GOT REAL
2,972 Posts
Is ot jetted for this altitude and did he tear them apart and clean the jets and adjusy the floats? If so could just be that old motor is tired.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He had the carbs rebuilt and cleaned by two different people. I'm thinking its not jetted right as it sounds like it has to much fuel and backfires even at idle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly not sure. I would think they would be the stock carbs since the bike didn't lol like it had anything done to it when he got it. ill check when I get home from work.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of carbs does he have?
Just looked at the carbs and they are Mikuni carbs.

We can run it on the bike dynojet ans see what his tune up looks like

505-294-1020
Thanks i will let him know. Is it big enough to fit the fourwheeler?

What kind of air filters does it have? If he put pods on it sometimes they don't pull enough vacuum and the motor will run like crap.
Yea he has some pod air filter on it at the moment. Do you recommend any other filters he could use?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If he has the stock air box still, I would try to put it on and see if it runs better. If it won't fit since he put it in a fourwheeler frame he might need to fab something up.
I'll let him know to try the stock air box and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My brother figured out hat the carbs were not synchronized together. He made a piece to help him sync them and it does sound better but still needs further adjustments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.