True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fat white guy
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on another forum. Pretty sure Joseph is on here as well.

Just a quick note since I'm using my iPhone to post.

After running some low tens, with either wheelieing or spinning yesterday; we were able to dial in the suspension and make another pass this morning.

Our old 98 camaro went a 9.82 @ 133 on motor! D/A was about 1000ft

The car went it's best 60' sofar with a 1.27, we are pretty happy.

Not too bad for a factory 346cid ls1 shortblock, with our tsp heads/cam setup. MS4 cam off the shelf!

We're gonna make a few more passes here until we get kicked out as the car is only nhra legal for 9.99.

In a month of so we'll race in Houston or San antonio in some good air to really knock the record down. It was 9.90 for about three years, until today.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
wtf, how is that shit possible? Stock ls1 shortblock, MS4 Cam, heads, no power adders whatsoever, and puts down a 9.82?? Im like in shock...

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Holy ----! Thats moving

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
That thing moves the fuck out. That is a ridiculous time for stock displacement N/A. Proves the worth of a good suspension/car setup as well. That 60ft is freakin' insane!

·
LS1Guy widda 9sec Mustang
102 Posts
wtf, how is that shit possible? Stock ls1 shortblock, MS4 Cam, heads, no power adders whatsoever, and puts down a 9.82?? Im like in shock...
This was at Memphis Motorsports Park. NHRA was there 2 weeks ago I think.

Our car uses the power given to it, shown by the 60'. This engine dyno'd 600+ flywheel 2 weeks ago, and 496rwhp to the wheels the day we left for the race. Nothing fancy for suspension, its all bolt-on parts.

That was with "bad" air compared to the other heads/cam cars on the LS1tech list too! 1200 DA is what we had to work with, some of the other guys were in -1500 DA air.

I'm pretty sure I can tweak a little more out of it with good air, and more suspension adjustments, we only had about 5-6 passes this past weekend, before that this car sat for about 4 years. There is definitely more left in it, I want the record so low, that no one attempts to even break it. 9.5 or 9.6 is what I think that would take N/A.

Here's the wheelstand while working out the suspension, this is what its not supposed to do, but it sure looks cool. 60' was 1.5 with the rear tires, the wheelie after this was 1.41 with the rears, and it did a 1.27 and 1.31 both with 9.82x ET's, best MPH is 134.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P_4ds6Owuw

·
102 Posts
BTW, look at the rear fender gap to the tires, that is another 2-3 inches of gap compared to what it sits at at ride height, even though all the car's weight is on the rear tires. That shows how hard the tires are planted when it lifts the chassis and pushes the tires down, while doing a wheelie.

Thanks for the congrats also! It's a lot of work to do this kind of stuff, most of it is time I volunteer to the company just to see what we can do.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Ok so is your car just really really lightweight? What heads/Intake/Fuel system are you running? That's alot of power for an N/A stock cube ls1 am I right??

So its all factory(style) suspension? still torque arm, phb, and what tranny are you using? Launching off a trans brake I assume...

·
102 Posts
Its light, but not as light as it can be, the previously fastest 346 H/C setup was about "2850" they said... we were at 2858. That's with the complete interior and a Kirkey drivers seat, with the only cutting of the factory body where the stock battery box was, as we were planning on running a fuel cell there, but it would not fit well. No mini-tubs yet.

Bolt on "replacement" suspension parts from BMR, Spohn, Madman. QA1 shocks, Aerospace brakes, Moser 12-bolt. GM TH200 trans, 5900 converter, and NO Trans-Brake.

For fuel; a fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, and 8AN lines, its like the stock setup in function being a returnless system.

The 346 does make a lot of power, probably the most I've seen or heard of by about 50 flywheel. It has of course, stock shortblock and then a MS4 camshaft, GM High Rev lifters, and a set of our Prototype PRC 6-bolt new casting heads, which are a 215cc intake runner. There's an entire thread on LS1tech when we were engine dynoing this exact engine 2 months ago, although the most recent pull is not shown. :)

Intake is a ported FAST 92mm with a 95mm TB, and 100mm MAF, and one of our old TSP 85mm lids.

I think it ended up making 611 hp at the crank.

I've said this before, but the car can only be as fast as its "weakest" part.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Its light, but not as light as it can be, the previously fastest 346 H/C setup was about "2850" they said... we were at 2858. That's with the complete interior and a Kirkey drivers seat, with the only cutting of the factory body where the stock battery box was, as we were planning on running a fuel cell there, but it would not fit well. No mini-tubs yet.

Bolt on "replacement" suspension parts from BMR, Spohn, Madman. QA1 shocks, Aerospace brakes, Moser 12-bolt. GM TH200 trans, 5900 converter, and NO Trans-Brake.

For fuel; a fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, and 8AN lines, its like the stock setup in function being a returnless system.

The 346 does make a lot of power, probably the most I've seen or heard of by about 50 flywheel. It has of course, stock shortblock and then a MS4 camshaft, GM High Rev lifters, and a set of our Prototype PRC 6-bolt new casting heads, which are a 215cc intake runner. There's an entire thread on LS1tech when we were engine dynoing this exact engine 2 months ago, although the most recent pull is not shown. :)

Intake is a ported FAST 92mm with a 95mm TB, and 100mm MAF, and one of our old TSP 85mm lids.

I think it ended up making 611 hp at the crank.

I've said this before, but the car can only be as fast as its "weakest" part.
Wow. I guess I never realized the power potential of the Gen III. Props go out to you and everyone from TSP. Awesome.

Any word on if these "prototype" heads are gonna hit the market??

·
102 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The new heads probably will be released this year. Have to streamline the manufacturing and porting and we'll be ready. These are a TSP/PRC casting that we had made to our specs and will have 6-bolt provisions for the LSX blocks, or 4-bolt for the guys with regular production blocks. They will be in a 215cc, 225cc, 237cc, and maybe a 210cc designation with varying combustion chamber sizing. We were running the 215cc and 59cc version on this car though.

Here's one of the 9.82x passes, it spun a little and only was something like a 1.31 60'. I am told the other car is a C5 with a 440ci LS7 with nitrous! lol :driving: So sorry the 346ci outrun it.

http://www.precisionracecomponents.com/982pass.wmv

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. The new heads probably will be released this year. Have to streamline the manufacturing and porting and we'll be ready. These are a TSP/PRC casting that we had made to our specs and will have 6-bolt provisions for the LSX blocks, or 4-bolt for the guys with regular production blocks. They will be in a 215cc, 225cc, 237cc, and maybe a 210cc designation with varying combustion chamber sizing. We were running the 215cc and 59cc version on this car though.

Here's one of the 9.82x passes, it spun a little and only was something like a 1.31 60'. I am told the other car is a C5 with a 440ci LS7 with nitrous! lol :driving: So sorry the 346ci outrun it.

http://www.precisionracecomponents.com/982pass.wmv
Sick! Although the driver RedLit on both those runs you posted lol. K a few more questions, are the 215cc 59cc heads Pump gas friendly with that small of a combustion chamber? Also, It sounds like that thing is revving close to 7k, is that setup streetable at all? Im asking because I am actually in the market for a cam/heads setup for my project LS1, and I want to keep the stock cubes. So the big question is, can I just bolt on all the same exact parts you guys did and make 490+rwhp???? N/A!!??
Thanks,
-Sean

1 - 20 of 27 Posts