True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forums, i thought i put up some new pics of the whip

old bike was a 2002 r1 with a yoshi slip on
new bike is a 2008 r1 with gytr exhaust, puig tinted speed screen, integrator and flush mounts. mostly all cosmetic stuff on it. waiting on some other stuff to come in

Attachments

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike!

G

·
new to the forums, i thought i put up some new pics of the whip

View attachment 362

View attachment 363

View attachment 364

old bike was a 2002 r1 with a yoshi slip on
new bike is a 2008 r1 with gytr exhaust, puig tinted speed screen, integrator and flush mounts. mostly all cosmetic stuff on it. waiting on some other stuff to come in
the bike looks good did you notice a big difference in power from the 02 to the 08???

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Images were showing as links, I fixed that. ;) That bike looks sick! Welcome to the site. I can't wait for summer, I'm gonna be puttin' in a lot of seat time this year. Hope to see you out there!

·
BITCH, I look like goku.
887 Posts
looks good man. get those rearsets powdercoated black and it'll look tits

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the bike looks good did you notice a big difference in power from the 02 to the 08???

yes actually, the power seems to be slightly dulled down on the lower side of the revs (2000-6000) but after that the power is much more than I ever got out of my '02. plus i have never owned a bike with a steering stabalizer (sp??) but i would never own one with out it now... much smoother when the front end is either buried in the ground or up in the air.

G

·
yes actually, the power seems to be slightly dulled down on the lower side of the revs (2000-6000) but after that the power is much more than I ever got out of my '02. plus i have never owned a bike with a steering stabalizer (sp??) but i would never own one with out it now... much smoother when the front end is either buried in the ground or up in the air.
did you ever run the 02 at the track? i wonder how much MPH the 08 will pick up from the 02

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the 02 ran 10.98 with a pretty garbage tire. my 60 foots were around 2.2 because of this fact. that number might be wrong just because it has been so long... but my runs were consistanly in the 11.10 range.

ya, i will be interested to see what difference there will be

G

·
the 02 ran 10.98 with a pretty garbage tire. my 60 foots were around 2.2 because of this fact. that number might be wrong just because it has been so long... but my runs were consistanly in the 11.10 range.

ya, i will be interested to see what difference there will be
were you spinning or what??? What tire were you on and what tire is on the 08?

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was on a thrashed dunlop qualifier, i was spinning pretty bad untill i shifted into 2nd

1 - 20 of 27 Posts