True Street Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Ben has already done so much and is still playing you can't say this guy isn't good as far as comparing to Favre I was talking about toughness oh and he will be as good or better than Favre when his career is finished.
Never said he wasnt good. But there is NO comparison to Favre, and he will NOT retire with numbers that Favre put up.

·
Drive fast take chances
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
but he'll have more super bowls wait! he already has lol j/k man I like Favre one of my all time favs but I'm a die hard steeler fan

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
big bitch rothlessburger lol ,
favre is a bad ass
john elway was also a bad ass
tebow will evolve , and be of the greats
Your on crack. You can't teach common playground skills to him. He is a college style QB that is in the short term 'getting it done'.

Without the Broncos defense, there is NONE of this 'Tebow Time' bullshit. He is inaccurate, he has one of the slowest, unorthodoxed releases EVER out of ANY qb...He can run, and can make a few good 4th quarter plays that have been putting his team in good spots to finish the game. Without the stout defensive performance that the Broncos have been putting up each week, Tebow would be just another attempt at a new system. Period.

And Big Ben, he is a tough dude, but just because your a die hard Steelers fan, you seriously need to look outside of the box.

·
Drive fast take chances
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I think outside all the time I'm a fan of the game! Ben just wins a lot of qbs pass better throw more tds and yards but it all comes down to wins and he does what it takes.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Look... the only reason why I said TEBOW was because I knew it would piss off a bunch if people. Most of you know I'm a huge Bronco fan so of course I follow my team. I've been telling everyone for two years that they should start Tebow because of how he played for Florida. Yes, I understand that college is different than nfl. However, Tebow has, at his skill level and age, something that neither Cutler nor Orton had. That's teamwork and heart. His skill level WILL progress in time (if he doesn't get hurt running.) Only time will tell. So is he one of the greats... not yet. But I think he will be.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Look... the only reason why I said TEBOW was because I knew it would piss off a bunch if people. Most of you know I'm a huge Bronco fan so of course I follow my team. I've been telling everyone for two years that they should start Tebow because of how he played for Florida. Yes, I understand that college is different than nfl. However, Tebow has, at his skill level and age, something that neither Cutler nor Orton had. That's teamwork and heart. His skill level WILL progress in time (if he doesn't get hurt running.) Only time will tell. So is he one of the greats... not yet. But I think he will be.
Get back in the kitchen.

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
Ben is a good maybe even a great QB but putting him over Brett due to rings that the defense had a GIANT part of crazy. If the D doesn’t get a 90+ yard take away at the end of that game he would only have one.

You ask what injuries Brett had as a younger QB I can’t answer that but it didn’t matter he was going to play anyway. Don’t make it sound like he played in the 50’s or something, shit people are still throwing the idea of him coming back to play this year in the play offs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Tebow will never be a great QB, EVER! Anyone who says so is doing too much meth. Fucking guy can barely throw better than Jamarcus Russel.

Also I'll take my buddy Steve Young over Big Rape. :lol: That motherfucker ran and took hits like nobodies business!

Alex

·
Drive fast take chances
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
the d did pull out all the stops in the bowls but Ben got them there!
we really can't continue this discussion until Bens career is over so til then enjoy the show lol!
you can't deny young Montana elway aikmen Favre there glory shit they paved the way for qbs today

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Tebow will never be a great QB, EVER! Anyone who says so is doing too much meth. Fucking guy can barely throw better than Jamarcus Russel.
+1938493548975

Tebow will never be one of the 'greats'. To be one of the 'greats' you must have a better completion % of over 50%. With his horrible accuracy he will never get there. You cannot teach someone to be more accurate. The dude has heart and is a great teammate, but unfortunately that doesn't give you the qualities of a great, elite quarterback.

2nd season stats for all 3 quarterbacks

2011 Tim Tebow 11 games played 198/96 48.5% completion 1,290 total yards, so far......

2010 Kyle Orton 13 games played(2 more of Tebow) 498/293 58.8% completion 3,653 total yards

2007 Jay Cutler 16 games played 297/467 63.6% completion 3,497 total yards

·
.!..
3,251 Posts
the d did pull out all the stops in the bowls but Ben got them there!we really can't continue this discussion until Bens career is over so til then enjoy the show lol!
you can't deny young Montana elway aikmen Favre there glory shit they paved the way for qbs today
No.

That is as inaccurate of a statement as I have ever seen. Steelers pride themselves on two very basic fundamentals of football. Solid defense and a GREAT running game. That is how they did it.

·
Drive fast take chances
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
the guy wins! first season played won more games in a rookie season than anyone second season won the super bowl third he throws for over 3500 yards this team and there run first style had not been to the super bowl since 1996 (1995 season) so run game and strong d did nada to win them championships the play of Ben is the reason for there success of late.

·
I DID have tires...
2,933 Posts
John Elway
Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana
shit even that little faggle Tom Brady is great!

Oh and Tebow is better than..............
Tony Romo :secret: :gay:

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
John Elway
Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana
Tebow is better than Romo? You aren't supposed to smoke the drugs you confiscate from the people you arrest :lol:

·
Come back here with my show!
1,166 Posts
I mentioned him sucka! He's one of the greats and my mention is just as credible as the next guy!
One of the greats, plenty of wins, yes. But the thread's about the toughest QB, which Mr. Concussion is not.

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
John Elway
Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana

2011 Tim Tebow 11 games played 198/96 48.5% completion 1,290 total yards, so far......

2007 Tony Romo 335/520 64.4% Completion 4,211 Total Yards Romo ONLY threw for an additional 29, entire football field lengths over 'THE LEGEND'

During this season, Tebow has been sacked 23 times, 11 touchdowns(thrown) and 2 picks.

Romo had been sacked 24 times(on 137 more pass attempts than Tebow), 36 touchdowns(thrown) and 19 interceptions.

There is even a song about Tebow, HAHAHA
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_rzTEi4I4"]The Legend of Tim Tebow - YouTube[/ame]

41 - 60 of 78 Posts