True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AND I CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!! I get my car back today!!!!!! for those of you that dont know i bought this car 3 months ago,

im sure you all knew this was jasons old cobra BAFRAID i bought it with a hurt motor, turned out to be VERY hurt 1 broken piston 6 burnt/melted pistons and 1 decent piston lol!!! Bud long had my motor for over 2 fuckin months!!!!!!!!!!!!! very disgusted and will NEVER take any thing to that shop or refer ANY ONE to them it was 100% run around! im sure they do great work but when i pay $4500 fuckin dollars i expect some customer service!!!!!!!!!!! bud long FTL!!!!!!!! Any way the motor is BRAND NEW, Crank got turned and polished block was bored.20 over rods re conditioned, forged manley pistons new followers oil pump timing chains valves heads got decked ARP head and main studsfront rear main seals valve seals, valve guides etc!!!! got fully balanced! i called kenne bell they the blower did not need to be re built so long the oil was changed every 12k miles, the car has 66k miles but ZERO on the motor! the car previously made 600rwhp and 600rwtq, didnt change anything other then it got bored and the heads got decked so it might make a little bit more power! i am so fuckin excited!!!!!!!!!! and it couldnt be on a better day because...............TODAYS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here's a little vid that just makes the anticipation worse!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsAYCrvNsg&feature=related

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Oh shit man. Congrats. What an awesome birthday present. (from yourself lol) And if yours is gonna run and sound like the one in the vid HOLY FUCK!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's about time Andrew, you need to drop by the shop so I can check it out. Happy Birthday.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Nice car bro, is this the same Andrew from LL?

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Damn dude, I'm excited for you! Your car is gonna run just like the one in the video. And that 2.2 is gonna screeeaaam! Seriously though, it's fuckin' loud. :) For pure street fun your car is at the top of my list; it's so low maintenance and just straight hauls the mail. When I lose my motor I'm doing the same setup as you, simple and effective. I remeber riding in that car and that boost/torque in the low RPMs is ridiculous...then the blower screams like a cheap whore and your life is complete! :yesnod: It's gonna be sick! What a great Friday, eh? How about a :beer: for a ride? Congrats man! Oh yeah, and happy birthday!

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
What did the previous owner do to hurt the engine? Do you need to do some preventative repairs before you tear into it?????

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
That is a hell of a birthday present. I'm very glad that you got the car back running like it should and you got a real good deal to. Have some good fun in that beast.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Previous owner put something ridiculous like 30k miles on that setup before it finally let go. That car was/is a beast.

When is it getting tuned?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone! im gonna have chris tune after break in, gonna suck takin it easy for a few hundred! but oh well i guess thats part of it!

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Congrats. I really considered buying this car, but decided I needed spend that money on my new Vega engine instead. The Mustang should be a beast. Be careful!

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
What did the previous owner do to hurt the engine? Do you need to do some preventative repairs before you tear into it?????
Nothing wrong, just a bunch of miles on 19psi from the 2.2 KB. The stock pistons are some what of a weak link in these cars. :) Preventative repairs already complete, good internals. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:incazzato:

today i officially have the worst case of blue balls on the world!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt get the car back today, chris said he would try his hardest but when i didnt get a call i figured it wasnt done but i was in town and stopped by any way they put the new oil cooler on new water pump, bolted it to the k member, put the blower back on, so its ready to be lifted back into place but not quiet done, he has a SHIT LOAD of cars in the shop right now so hes pretty busy its all good though a few more days kill me but damn i got a horrible case of blue balls! he said hopefully monday, which would be cool cuz i'm off on mondays

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Fuck!!! Not getting your car back from a shop when expected is like...worse than waking up next to a naked fat chic. You just don't even know what to do with yourself.

G

·
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shift
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shift

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shift
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shift

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shift
FUKIN FAST

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
It will be sweet when you get it. Hopefullly you have better luck of people saying they are gonna do something and actually doing it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts