True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ordering some Drag Radials today. Gonna try the new Toyo Proxes Q. There supposed to stick as good as hoosiers and last close to the nitto's. Anyhow. I have an 11" wide rim. Would a 345/40/17 fit on a 17" rim, 11" wide?

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
My car hooks with the 335-17 hoosier drag radials, and im making significantly more power than you. I have them on 10.5" rims.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
My car hooks with the 335-17 hoosier drag radials, and im making significantly more power than you. I have them on 10.5" rims.
Hoosiers are good as well. I'd skip the nittos and toyos though. Even BFG's are pretty good. I like the significantly more power part Trey, lol.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I bet they will fit on the rim, but i don't know about fitting on the car. That is a serious tire width wise.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Hoosiers are good as well. I'd skip the nittos and toyos though. Even BFG's are pretty good. I like the significantly more power part Trey, lol.
wasnt tryin to talk shit or anything, was just sayin with more power they still hook lol

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I'm not sure how Toyo sizes their tires, my 335 Hoosiers are on an 11" wheel (not rim) and they are a tad snug. If Toyos are sized like BFGs then I doubt they'd fit well. You could squeeze them on either way.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
I say get the MT's, they are by far the best drag radial. Yeah they wear a little faster, but they hook WAY better.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I guess after talking to Discount Tire and Toyo. They would fit. Just wouldn't tuck under my car. Thats alot of rubber. And obviously the #1 choice would be the Mickey Et Streets. But these new toyo's from what i've been reading are supposed to stick as good as the hoosiers and last almost as long as the nitto's. So only one way to find out. I figured this suites my application better anyways. As far as a weekend warrior with more street time than track. If i had a 9" that would all change though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts