True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my wedding ring in a couple of weeks ago. Its made of titanium with carbon fiber check it out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks great! Be careful with those though. With Titanium or Tungsten Carbide rings, if you ever have an accident and they need to remove the ring, they can't. The finger will have to be removed if absolutely necessary. Almost makes me want a plain white gold ring. All the best designs are in Ti and TC though :D

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Looks great! Be careful with those though. With Titanium or Tungsten Carbide rings, if you ever have an accident and they need to remove the ring, they can't. The finger will have to be removed if absolutely necessary. Almost makes me want a plain white gold ring. All the best designs are in Ti and TC though :D
True story.

Very cool ring Cisco.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive heard form many sources that titanium rings can be cut off if needed. I also read that most people that have injures have them caused from the ring being smashed and with the titanium its less likely to do that being stronger then gold.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive heard form many sources that titanium rings can be cut off if needed. I also read that most people that have injures have them caused from the ring being smashed and with the titanium its less likely to do that being stronger then gold.
Yup, he's right.

I looked it up online and several website state that jewelers started the myth to boost sales of rings made of more expensive materials. Anything that can cut steel can cut Titanium. Any ring cutter can cut any ring made with the exception of Tungsten Carbide which in the rare case the ring cutter or saw cannot cut it off must be cracked off in a vice since Tungsten Carbide is derived from powder.

My bad Cisco.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Dude thats pretty fucking cool. When the time comes, I wanna do something different for a ring also. I dont want a plain ol gold ring.

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Mad tyte yo! I'm sure it symbolizes a "powerful" marriage with looks, style, strength, and light weight(?). That is pretty awesome.

EDIT:

You get plus JDM points for showing it on top of an HKS cam gear!

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It kind of goes against the grain but I've always like black Tungsten as a wedding band

I like Tungsten alot.

Mad tyte yo! I'm sure it symbolizes a "powerful" marriage with looks, style, strength, and light weight(?). That is pretty awesome.

EDIT:

You get plus JDM points for showing it on top of an HKS cam gear!
I was waiting for somebody to catch the JDMness lol.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
You, Brian, and Curtis all have three different variations of the same ring LOL.

·
NOW WITH AWD :D
728 Posts
ive got a ring like that one mine is narower though with a tighter weave in the fiber. but mine is tungsten not titainum... deefinately a nice ring

1 - 14 of 14 Posts