True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been contemplating building a mustang with a 12v Cummins motor. I am wondering if it has been done before, anybody ever seen it? I have read about a sn95 car with a DMax, but I am thinking a Fox body with the Cummins. I would prefer a common rail, but i don't want to deal with all the wiring. I am thinking I would have to back it with a Dodge tranny, unless there is such a thing as a custom bell housing. Any thoughts, or am I just loosing my mind here?

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Pouring out black smoke before beating your opponent would be loads of fun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x2t6BK3E_0"]YouTube - Duramax Diesel Grand National[/ame]

http://www.18to1.com/

G

·
I have been contemplating building a mustang with a 12v Cummins motor. I am wondering if it has been done before, anybody ever seen it? I have read about a sn95 car with a DMax, but I am thinking a Fox body with the Cummins. I would prefer a common rail, but i don't want to deal with all the wiring. I am thinking I would have to back it with a Dodge tranny, unless there is such a thing as a custom bell housing. Any thoughts, or am I just loosing my mind here?
there are a few of us that have been thinking of that than, i found a 12v long block for 1200 bucks and it has the 215 pump on it already im not sure on the millage

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
plasma cutter + welder= DONE!

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
i was goin to mine in my 5.o but my cr block with head and oil pan set at 31 inches tall i could be done just a hell of a lot of work try it and see what happens

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After doing some planning and researching, I think it's time to scrap this idea. I will have waaaaay too much money in it. Getting the motor and drive train into it is not a problem. When you start planning suspension, cooling, and the other essentials is when the money/engineering requirements sky rocket. Oh well, another internet pipe dream.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
The big kicker is the weight. You got the Tq to move it but getting it to brake is another story.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.