True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been contemplating building a mustang with a 12v Cummins motor. I am wondering if it has been done before, anybody ever seen it? I have read about a sn95 car with a DMax, but I am thinking a Fox body with the Cummins. I would prefer a common rail, but i don't want to deal with all the wiring. I am thinking I would have to back it with a Dodge tranny, unless there is such a thing as a custom bell housing. Any thoughts, or am I just loosing my mind here?

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Pouring out black smoke before beating your opponent would be loads of fun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x2t6BK3E_0"]YouTube - Duramax Diesel Grand National[/ame]

http://www.18to1.com/

G

·
I have been contemplating building a mustang with a 12v Cummins motor. I am wondering if it has been done before, anybody ever seen it? I have read about a sn95 car with a DMax, but I am thinking a Fox body with the Cummins. I would prefer a common rail, but i don't want to deal with all the wiring. I am thinking I would have to back it with a Dodge tranny, unless there is such a thing as a custom bell housing. Any thoughts, or am I just loosing my mind here?
there are a few of us that have been thinking of that than, i found a 12v long block for 1200 bucks and it has the 215 pump on it already im not sure on the millage

·
Registered
186 Posts
there are a few of us that have been thinking of that than, i found a 12v long block for 1200 bucks and it has the 215 pump on it already im not sure on the millage
I'm guessing you were standing right next to me at the no bull meeting.....true or false? For the record, I voted for bikes to be allowed to run....

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Its harder to be fast in a car than a bike though.

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
plasma cutter + welder= DONE!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I've never even heard of that combo until now but I suppose it would be unique and cool

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
i was goin to mine in my 5.o but my cr block with head and oil pan set at 31 inches tall i could be done just a hell of a lot of work try it and see what happens

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After doing some planning and researching, I think it's time to scrap this idea. I will have waaaaay too much money in it. Getting the motor and drive train into it is not a problem. When you start planning suspension, cooling, and the other essentials is when the money/engineering requirements sky rocket. Oh well, another internet pipe dream.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts