True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3rd Gear
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a racing story but a scary one. I was messing with the spark table in the fast system all day to get it the car to come up on the trans brake better.After messing it with it for awhile Buffhomer came out to the shop I had been telling him he had to go for a ride in it.
My and TwinTurboTRex had taken it a few weeks back and it was crazy I mean nuts!!yways me and Buffhomer got in it and were making a pull in front of the shop i was part throttle and short shifting to 2nd. First pull ok so we turn around to make another, we wait for a car to pass and start, all the way to 7000rpm first shift passing the car on the left and then shift to high gear when all of a sudden it felt like the wastegate broke off or something hit the under the car undereath twice and the car shuts off. We were making 30psi+ boost and going around 150-160 passing that car when it happened. Buffhomer said the car that we pass swerfed to the other lane all of a sudden so we new something came off.
We coast almost back to the shop it was all down hill to the shop and get it in the parking lot to check it out.I pop the hood and HOLY SHIT!!!! The hrmonic balance and msd crank trigger were gone.At first glance I thougt it sheared the front of the crank off but a second look showed the innovate harmonic balancer sheared off the bolt is still in the crank. It took a chuck out of the steering rack.

I will post pics up later but thought I would share!!I will let Buffhomer get on here and tell his side:driving:

Just a little background on the car it is owned by TwinTurboTRex
2000 mustang
5.4 modular motor
singel 94mm turbo
powerglide
Car has gone 8.0 at 180 in the quater
And suppose to have made 1400 rwhp
It has only made around 1100 rwhp since rex bought it but the dyno won't load it hard enough 22psi on dyno 30+ psi on street

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Holy crap!! That ain't cool. Kinda like when the bolts that held the spool on my old TA sheared off...totally out of nowhere...glad you guys are ok!! I wanna see that car. 1,400? 30psi? That's what I'm fuckin talkin about... :devil:

·
slow pontiac v6
80 Posts
i dont even know what a harmonic balancer is but shit that sounds crazy... pics would be interesting at the very least

·
Banned
2,987 Posts
i dont even know what a harmonic balancer is but shit that sounds crazy... pics would be interesting at the very least

a harmonic balancer would be a thicker pully on the crank designed to balance the counter weights and flywheel setup of a large stroker crankshaft and minimize crank harmonics, atleast that is the case on a VW engine as I have several Gene Berg Harmonic Balancers on my stroker VW's....

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
The Homer version.

Hardly anything could be said about the night except it was hot, muggy, and in the air was hanging a thick veil of hazy humid stickyness weighing us down. Some young fellas had been by the shop and taken a few squirts in the "terror" known as the Reaper, aka my project coupe. After assuring them that the car was NOT the "fucking insane beast" they thought, Johnny invited me along for a ride in the vaunted 'Red Car'. "Hm, I've yet to feel the rush. Ok, let's go *****." He starts it up, much to the delight of those gathered, and after informing the sub-4 foot tall offspring of those present that their best bet would be far, FAR away from the turbo inlet, we backed out and crawled to the road in front of the shop.

Coming up the away from the shop, Johnny tickled the throttle a bit just to get a little warmth in the engine. He rolled in and the nose raised up, the roadside scenery began moving in a bit of a hurry. "Heh, not bad at all but not quite as bad as I thought" I comment just to hear Johnny retort "I was barely even in it!"

"Hmm." was my only reply.

After turning around and beginning back toward the shop, I decided my best bet was to grab two handfulls of rollcage and hope for the best. Johnny says "You ready?" and I'm thinking "Ready for what?! Is my head about to be permanently embedded in the seat?! What about my job? My family? I don't even have kids yet!!"

"Fuckin let's go!!!" :headbang:

First gear started with a slight delay then suddenly wound up and I was able to focus ever so slightly on the boost gauge as it swung past 20 and flirted with the 25 mark..."Oh yeah!! Now we're talkin!!" Out of the corner of my eye I saw Johnny's hand slide forward and my only recollection after that was the sensation of being sucked through a FUCKING WORMHOLE TO MY DEATH.

"HOLY FUCKING JEEZU....!!!!" I hadn't the strength to even muster a complete thought being that my brain was smashed completely flat against the back of my skull. My eyes had enough strength to zip toward the boost gauge only to see it hanging nearly straight down, well past any sensible range that I had expected and far past the bold "30" mark.

"Please God save me! I'm sorry I stole that candy when I was five. I'm sorry I hit my brother with the football....Remember me when this is over!!"
Suddenly.......a thud.....then a bump.....thump thump thump......"WTF!!" I snapped my head toward Johnny and see his stomping the loud pedal furiously..."the car died!! What the hell was that?!!"

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." Reality quickly set in that we were traveling 150+ and had no idea what had just released itself from the car. Luckily, the car managed to stay straight enough for Johnny to coax it to the side of the road after coasting half a mile; I looked at him again and realized that he was as pale as a bedsheet...and my left hand was however so slightly shaking......yet firmly gripping........the parachute handle.

That is the fastest car I have ever been in. It is also the only time I've been truly scared in a car. Absolutely horrified.

And I loved every fucking second of it.

·
1,820 Posts
Ha Ha Ha, now fix the damn car so we can do that shit down Main St. a couple times......................:driving:

·
3rd Gear
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We need to go to the track.The cops just harassed TT2TONE in the black car said that they heard him spin his tires.:ciappa:

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
The car in question.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
The Homer version.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Johnny's hand slide forward and my only recollection after that was the sensation of being sucked through a FUCKING WORMHOLE TO MY DEATH.

"HOLY FUCKING JEEZU....!!!!" I hadn't the strength to even muster a complete thought being that my brain was smashed completely flat against the back of my skull. My eyes had enough strength to zip toward the boost gauge only to see it hanging nearly straight down, well past any sensible range that I had expected and far past the bold "30" mark.

"Please God save me! I'm sorry I stole that candy when I was five. I'm sorry I hit my brother with the football....Remember me when this is over!!"

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." and my left hand was however so slightly shaking......yet firmly gripping........the parachute handle.

That is the fastest car I have ever been in. It is also the only time I've been truly scared in a car. Absolutely horrified.

And I loved every fucking second of it.
Best fucking story ever!!! That was awesome buffhomer.
Great descriptions!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Thats crazy! I bet the story couldn't even accurately describe what that must have been like!

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
That was one of the stories that you actually want to read. Every sentence I was thinking, "Read faster bitch! Get on to the next sentence!"

I wanna ride. Heh. Or maybe not. :) Glad you aren't dead!

·
Ah kitty kitty
2,192 Posts
Great story..any pics of this car

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I knew that car looked like a bad bitch. Fucking christ I need a ride bad Rex. Sounds like a hell of alot more rush than that slow Viper! lol:driving:

Amazing descrip Omar

1 - 20 of 23 Posts