True Street Car Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used to race on S. Eubank until they finally shut it down back in the mid 80's. (83?) Never seemed to get busted, but came close a time or two. Had a 68 Chevelle back in those days with a 402 turbojet.

I remember Flash Cadillac too. what a car. Courtney Flash had it on display in his shop years later. I don't know what ever happened to it.
There was a kid named Randy that worked for Flash that ran a fast little 302 Pinto, I really need to see if I can find those pictures.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spent a lot of time out on south Eubank and Sonic, some on montgomery and some on 98th but I moved in 94 and by 91 I didnt go out there much anymore(married).

My time was 1981-1994, Ill list cars I remember

Charlie and his 67 mustang(George) with a 351
Nick and his 71 mustang 351
Pablo had his mustang with a 428
My Javelin 401
Jays 55 with a ? small block
Rick Daniels with his GTO, then the red chevelle, then the silver one
Petes 70 ss chevelle(skunk)

I cant remember names now but
orange GTO ran 13 with nitrous
mansons lol nova with a big block and nitrous(crashed at track)
yellow 71 chevelle

10s used to be fast :eek:ldman:

Raced at the track more once I was married though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I remember those days. I was just a lil girl and I used to be in the car with my dad all the time. He used to race the 69 Camaro that was called Mighty Mouse. Does anyone remember that car?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I remember those days. I was just a lil girl and I used to be in the car with my dad all the time. He used to race the 69 Camaro that was called Mighty Mouse. Does anyone remember that car?
I remember it very well

·
Registered
62 Posts
At that time even though he ran 12 flats that was actually fast in those days. I remember on a good day at the track he would just drive the car home instead of loading it on the trailer and I would be sitting on the helmet (no seatbelt or seat or nothing) in the passenger side. The good ole days LOL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
History of Albuq. Drag racing and Hot Rodding!

Just bringing this to the top. I sent Joe another 50 pictures that he put on at the end of the photo gallery. The new ones are a mix starting from 1979 and going to a few current ones. Some interesting stuff including Malibu Grand Prix cars at the drag strip, Top Fuel dragsters & motorcycles and more odds & ends I found in my collection.

Lyle Greenberg Motorsports

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Remember the old guy who photographed for many many years there. That is his pic for sure. Always in his van with the last weeks pics ready to buy.

Tony I still love that Javelin.

·
Praying for TSC
580 Posts
"Wild Thing" was For Sale on CL a few months ago. Don't believe it ever sold.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
There was a kid named Randy that worked for Flash that ran a fast little 302 Pinto, I really need to see if I can find those pictures.
Just found this. I was there and reading all these posts brings back a lot of memories. I recall a 302 Pinto called "One Trick Pony", same one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remember the old guy who photographed for many many years there. That is his pic for sure. Always in his van with the last weeks pics ready to buy.

Tony I still love that Javelin.
I got one of his pics of my car, 1969 Javelin. Cost $5 in B&W!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts