·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks a little different than somebody else posted earlier...
LOL

LOL

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so its an 08 with a different exhaust
More power, shorter stroke, shorter wheelbase, longer swingarm, new headlight, new fairings, new tail section, higher compression, new engine, new exhaust, relocated intake section, lighter, enhanced throttle response, better handling, titanium valves, forged pistons, just to name a few differences...

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Hmmm so not really too much of a difference? GAY

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
i still preffer the new r1

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Higher redline, new guages

New brakes, Tokiko from Nissin

New forks, Big Piston Front Forks like the 09 ZX6R

New taillights, tail section and turn signals

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Well, at least they didn't seem to add any weight and it may have lost a few lbs. according to the specs. Quite a revision on the engine actually. Other than peak HP/TQ, I wonder how the bike revs and such given that the redline has been moved up. I thought it was already a high revving engine.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, at least they didn't seem to add any weight and it may have lost a few lbs. according to the specs. Quite a revision on the engine actually. Other than peak HP/TQ, I wonder how the bike revs and such given that the redline has been moved up. I thought it was already a high revving engine.
Before the bike was a long stroke small bore bike, and thats why it was a beast in the mid and top. Now it has more bore and less stroke, and a higher redline, new pistons and rods, valves and a cylinder walls with less friction, so it should be interesting. I wouldnt be suprised if it made as much power as my bike with mods stock on the same dyno.
It also has a cable operated clutch again, so the drag racing fans are gonna love that. My hydrolic clutch is such a bitch to get off the line, but so awesome for daily riding. Also most graphics on the bike are gone, the 1000 on the tail is inprinted into the tail fairing.

Im thinking if my mods fit on this bike, it may be sitting in my garage next year.

Here is another chop...

Im lovin it.:icondrool::icondrool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Before the bike was a long stroke small bore bike, and thats why it was a beast in the mid and top. Now it has more bore and less stroke, and a higher redline, new pistons and rods, valves and a cylinder walls with less friction, so it should be interesting. I wouldnt be suprised if it made as much power as my bike with mods stock on the same dyno.
It also has a cable operated clutch again, so the drag racing fans are gonna love that. My hydrolic clutch is such a bitch to get off the line, but so awesome for daily riding. Also most graphics on the bike are gone, the 1000 on the tail is inprinted into the tail fairing.

Im thinking if my mods fit on this bike, it may be sitting in my garage next year.

Here is another chop...

Im lovin it.:icondrool::icondrool:
I'll take two please.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
US colors were released yesterday, but still yet to see photos of them.
US is getting Black/Matte Black, Blue/White, & Red/Black

If they had orange/black it might have made me get it... but nevermind...

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MSRP is $12,199

Lower than the 09 R1 and higher than the 09 ZX10.

Thats over $1000 more than I paid for my bike with EVERYTHING included. The dollars dropping and making bikes more expensive for us.

·
Phantom
222 Posts
As previously stated, the exhaust is gay. Other than that not bad, but I agree with AJ, I prefer the R1.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts