True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled my th400 last season to change my setup. It was shifting fine and only had 3 passes on it. Now after putting it back in, it won't go into park. I did put in a different converter, flexplate, and a new trans pan. Any ideas?

It's in a 4th gen f body, 6 liter iron LS1.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What kind of a shifter do you have? If it's a B&M I think some times the ratchet shifters require two clicks to get from reverse to park. Make sure the cable is adjusted right so that it can fully engage into park. That's all I got.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hmm. Well is the pan deeper and aftermarket? The linkage may not be clearing something on the pan.

What about the neutral/park safety switch? Could it be locking you out like an auto does if you shut it off in a gear that's not in park? Like when you have to start it in neutral then you have free reign of the gears.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't have a safety switch yet. We'll pull the pan and see if anything isn't clearing.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Weird problem to be having termy since it worked fine before.. hope you get it fixed quick

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Take it to angelo im sure he will help you out sean

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Take it to angelo im sure he will help you out sean
I'm sure he will if he can't figure out the problem, probably nothing to hard and Angelo isn't exactly just across the street.

P.S. Issac, You owe me money Damnit!! The way I see it with all the compounding interest you owe me 10 bucks bitch

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I figured it out. The new pan wasn't letting the shifter linkage inside the trans go to park. I clearanced it and it works fine now. You would think a company like B&M would know how to make th400 pans better than this.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
That is some BS right there. Weird.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Wierd problem to have, but glad you got it all fixed.

·
Whippled Charged...
1,085 Posts
Sick. Gald to hear its sorted out.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Well it be on the street or the track or both?

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Sick. Im gonna roll to solid today. Didnt make it yesterday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts