True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this product or Superchips in general? This is just about the only "tuner" type product for the 2005 nissan pathfinder and I was wanting to add a little pep to my pathy. :driving:

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I know this is old but in case someone is wanting a little info. I have not personally used a Superchip Cortex on a pathfinder, I have sold a couple for other gas vehicals and they add some extra power but nothing like a tuner in a diesel truck.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesels are very under tuned from the factory, so i would expect their gains to be huge...The pathfinders supposidly gain around 20-30whp which is a decent gain, about 10%, not bad for a few hundred bucks. With an intake and exhaust im sure the gains are more, but nothing like what you'd get in a deisel

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Yea, its decent gain for a gas vehical, every bit helps right. :lol:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Superchips tuner

It is all in computer programing of the vehicle. The Super-chip does add a little bit of horse power and torque to the Pathfinder but you have to have some supporting mods to get the full affect of the tuner. Cold air intake would be nice K and N has a sweet intake that will out flow the factory air box buy 76%. with some supporting mods along with the chips you will see decent gains, but i do agree with evolved-ms that you will not see the gains of a diesel but that is because it is a little harder to squeeze the power out of a gaser.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
exactly

The way that the media filter is of the up-most importance but what would be the point of upgrading the intake if it did not out flow the factory by alot. Just look at the duramax the factory box does not need upgradig until a certian horse power number is achieved. :headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts