True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to think of ways to get more traffic on the site. I know its only been around for a few months but I get tired of clicking the new posts button and there being no new posts. Someone definitely needs to get the fquick thing going, the myspace needs to stay updated. I'm thinking we should get a huge bad ass photoshoot/cruise together once it warms up. Some Sonic meets once it warms up would be good with everyone sporting the TSC decals and new shirts. I know this is a "truestreetcar" website, but maybe we should add in a few new forums at one point, I would suggest a "drinks" area, "Movies" area, and a "firearms" area. Maybe even a "food/restaurant" area. I know we don't want this site to turn into Nazi better homes and gardens like the other site, but I think a few extra forums might help the traffic. I have no idea how to run a website, but I'd really like to see this site blow up big. Not looking to get flamed on my suggestions, if you guys have some more suggestions or ideas or input on my ideas, post up. Thanks for reading.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really into car audio modifications, but some people might be, a "car audio" forum could be good too possibly.

G

·
I've been trying to think of ways to get more traffic on the site. I know its only been around for a few months but I get tired of clicking the new posts button and there being no new posts. Someone definitely needs to get the fquick thing going, the myspace needs to stay updated. I'm thinking we should get a huge bad ass photoshoot/cruise together once it warms up. Some Sonic meets once it warms up would be good with everyone sporting the TSC decals and new shirts. I know this is a "truestreetcar" website, but maybe we should add in a few new forums at one point, I would suggest a "drinks" area, "Movies" area, and a "firearms" area. Maybe even a "food/restaurant" area. I know we don't want this site to turn into Nazi better homes and gardens like the other site, but I think a few extra forums might help the traffic. I have no idea how to run a website, but I'd really like to see this site blow up big. Not looking to get flamed on my suggestions, if you guys have some more suggestions or ideas or input on my ideas, post up. Thanks for reading.
as soon as it warms up and we get some killer videos out i think we are going to be beating newbs off with a stick

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I'm thinking too. We have been getting people to come to the site, but we need them to stay active, thats why I'm thinking the additional forums should be added.

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking too. We have been getting people to come to the site, but we need them to stay active, thats why I'm thinking the additional forums should be added.
Truthfully, the extra forums will not help in activity. They will actually hurt more than help. Me and Mains had to shrink the size of our additional forums a couple months ago. Everyone was complaining how cluttered the forum was.

To keep activity going is going to take time. The current or frequent members here will need to be more active in the threads to keep others interest and attention going. How to do this? Takes time.

This forum is growing at a very nice pace.

Vendor involvement is another way to improve traffic. The Vendors should be interactive in threads outside of their own forum and give bits and pieces of advice (not so much to give away secrets or to draw business away). This will gain trust with the other members. Group buys, monthly promotional sales, etc will also help...

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I agree. The reason I'm thinking the extra forums is because I frequent another non-local site that has those extra forums and it keeps a lot of people interested. But I do understand how it could get things cluttered. I guess its just going to take time like you said.

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Ya, I agree. The reason I'm thinking the extra forums is because I frequent another non-local site that has those extra forums and it keeps a lot of people interested. But I do understand how it could get things cluttered. I guess its just going to take time like you said.
ALL forums have been slow these past several months. More than likely caused by the crappy economy? No money, means no one wanting to visit the forums. Too depressing I would imagine?

A few extra forums would be a great idea though. Maybe even a tech forum, maybe a show and shine forum, wheels and tires (is this one already available?), electronics (like you stated)...

I just would not go way off topic with extra forums though. Better Homes and Garden should stay out.. lol

I do have to say though, this is GREAT of you to show this much interest. It will certainly help in the growth of the forum.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about instead of additional forums, get some more stickies going. I added a "thong of the day" thread in Ho Asis. That could be one. How about a "good movie thread" sticky in multimedia. "Favorite drink/beer/bar/restaurant or something" sticky in TSC Lounge. I also think it would be good to have all the TSC action vids in one thread, maybe make that a sticky. A "post your myspace" sticky somewhere. I'm just thinking of random stuff that could be efficient and helpful for growth. Thanks for the positive replies Ron.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
I agree with adding the "automotive" forums as far as show and shine and all that snazzy stuff. Thats a good idea. I would also like to see this site grow. I've requested the fquick thing. Got stickers to throw on the rear window. And have little truestreetcars.com things on my fquick and cardomain. I think when it warms up we should definitely have a meet & cruise. That would attract local car enthusiasts for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
How about instead of additional forums, get some more stickies going. I added a "thong of the day" thread in Ho Asis. That could be one. How about a "good movie thread" sticky in multimedia. "Favorite drink/beer/bar/restaurant or something" sticky in TSC Lounge. I also think it would be good to have all the TSC action vids in one thread, maybe make that a sticky. A "post your myspace" sticky somewhere. I'm just thinking of random stuff that could be efficient and helpful for growth. Thanks for the positive replies Ron.
Growth over time is reality, no doubt. But, thanks for the enthusiasm! It's cool to have people support the site in its infancy. :thumbsup: Afterall, without members we don't exist. I'd post a gigantic picture of a...uhh..."large" woman on the index page if that's what ya'll want. :lol: You definately have some good ideas, though. +HP for you brah.

FWIW, one of the things that annoys me about some other websites is the number of forums and sub-forums and sub-sub-forums. Jesus Christ! I just wanna bullshit about cars, watch some videos, ask some questions, etc. Chance are if I get confused within the first 30 seconds of going to a website I won't return, but maybe that's just my A.D.D. It's a delicate balance between organized, diverse, and downright annoying. However, I'm never opposed to adding new forums, as long as they are active. Thanks again for the support!

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
First of all, I don't know shit.
For the record, my car did not blow-up because of the nitrous. Well I guess you could say it did - in a way. What really happened was the MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition system failed for approximately 1/2 second. When it sparked back off all the NOS and fuel in the engine made a cool big pop. I have ran the EXACT same tune on 35 other passes and never had a problem. I had problems even on the drive during the last No-Bull with the damned MSD cutting out for a milisecond. I even had the box repaired numerous times. Even a BRAND NEW box from Yearwood didn't help. I finally went BACK to an analog (MSD 6AL) box. Not a problem since. MSD Digital products suck ass!!

As far as forgetting to turn it on. What can I say? I am getting old. I won't forget to turn it on when I am outrunning that bike this year though.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
For the record, my car did not blow-up because of the nitrous. Well I guess you could say it did - in a way. What really happened was the MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition system failed for approximately 1/2 second. When it sparked back off all the NOS and fuel in the engine made a cool big pop. I have ran the EXACT same tune on 35 other passes and never had a problem. I had problems even on the drive during the last No-Bull with the damned MSD cutting out for a milisecond. I even had the box repaired numerous times. Even a BRAND NEW box from Yearwood didn't help. I finally went BACK to an analog (MSD 6AL) box. Not a problem since. MSD Digital products suck ass!!

As far as forgetting to turn it on. What can I say? I am getting old. I won't forget to turn it on when I am outrunning that bike this year though.
Shut up Ron you were SUPPOSED to remind me to turn it one!

G

·

ill most likely be down there in the 7th, you should show up to the track to see what its going to take to outrun the bike

1 - 20 of 110 Posts