True Street Cars Forums banner

Stock SS or WS6 vs STOCK SRT-4

5K views 60 replies 20 participants last post by  Klutch 
#1 ·
ok, so anyways, had an argument with a group of srt 4 owners. and i made a bet with one of them, saying a stock ss or ws6, 6 speed whatever.. would beat a stock srt 4, he thinks im crazy for some reason :O but if any one can get these 2 cars 2 race since i dont have either... and his srt isnt even close to stock :p... id appreciate it

#41 ·
Actually my ws6 vs a srt 4 was a good race i have a lid and a y pipe and i believe he had a ic upgrade and a boost controller and meth injection,from a 40 roll we stayed about a car apart till a 100 and then i walked him even more

#42 ·
Ls1 stock for stock everytime.

I've driven both of the cars stock and the ls1 pull harder hands down.

But then again I have 0 evidence to back that up. Money race between the ls1 and the srt, id put my money on the ls1.

#43 ·
best trap in my A4 LS2 GTO when stock was 97mph in Albuquerque, had to go to Roswell and Las Vegas to trap 100mph.

But the GTO is heavy and I always manage to buy the factory slowpokes.

#44 ·
I can supply the stock ls1... dunno about the driver skills...but i can definately get him to race. meow all we need is the srt-4.:popcorn:

#48 ·
im stock! :secret:...well i have all my stock parts at least. hey josh lets go "rent" another stock ls1 and put on a show!

#49 ·
Stock I could hit 100+ mph trap speeds. Nothing spectacular but still 100-101.

#52 ·
From my experience trying to beat ls1 in my lt1 i had to run a 14.49. I raced a stock 2002 ls1 that was getting a 14.5 and it was an auto. That same ls1 could pull me after the quarter though were ls1 topend helps out. It was a photo finish everytime for the quarter though.

Unless its a 2001-2002 ss or ws6 or firehawk i don't think many can trap 13.9 stock.

But this is just my opinion. Ive also seen other threads were some people on this site only trapped a 14.5 in their all stock ls1.

Slap on some drag radials and outcome would probably be different.

#54 ·
I have owned both here in abq it would be a really good race

#58 ·
I was consistently slow at 14.2 if I remember correctly. I've raced a couple of SRT4's & walked away up top. Pry because the person couldn't drive the bitch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.