True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I am starting a build on my SRT 4. I don't want to hurt a stock engine again, so i decided to build an old block I have lying around. I tore the block down and found the cylinder walls to be in perfect condition. None the less i opted to go .020 over with a custom wiseco 9:1 dished piston. i will also be using Eagle H-beams. Why 9:1 ??? because i want to be able to build more power on less boost. I don't want to run the ungodly amount's of boost people run in these cars. so 20psi should do the job as a high boost setting with the 9:1 .020 over pistons.. i will keep this thread updated and adding pics of my progress....

My psitons arrived today, have had the rods for about a month now.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Ooooh! Shiney!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Damn wish I only needed 4 pistons. JK 8 is better lol. Good luck with the build man and keep us updated for sures!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I saw these in person those pistions are BADDD!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
my 4 pistons cost more than 8 pistons and rods :( it would have been cheaper to build a v8.....

So what are you waiting for??? lol ya but those extra 4 pistons and rods make up for it in gas mileage thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Damn those little 4-cyliner turbo cars...you just never know when they're gonna walk all over your ass!! :) Keep us updated!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:

Got some parts in the mail, also got my block and crank back from the machine shop.

I cut my rings to .019 and installed them, also got my rods installed on the pistons. All i am waiting for is my main and rod bearings to come in, then final assembely

1 - 20 of 43 Posts