True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, only got a few vids of my bike with my little friend LOL!! Good weather and the DA was excellent and the turnout was pretty good today. Met a few of you today and saw some nice kick ass cars.

We almost got a 9 on my stock bike.....damn....just a bit more on the 60'.

And 01smokes just couldn't stay away from the track with the dirt bike. Nice wheelies there son!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EsiNVBIFFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4qiiSAnXnw

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I didn't realize that was you on the busa. Those were some pretty decent times for a stock bike. I couldn't get shit for traction today after the 60'

G

·
ya i was there earlier with the truck but i was sideways like really sideways looking at the wall at the 1/8th so i decided it was not safe to run that anymore

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't realize that was you on the busa. Those were some pretty decent times for a stock bike. I couldn't get shit for traction today after the 60'
I was the slower one. My best was a 10.64et @ 130mph w/ a lousy 1.74 60ft.

My friend ran the 10.05et @ 137mph w/ 1.63 60ft.

I have to work harder to run worth a crap. Size my friend makes a difference. Especially when there is a 100lbs difference.

Art, you should have stayed with the truck. Traction seemed fine later on. Track was probably cold and the DA was certainly better between 11-12pm. DA in the afternoon was about 5700' depending on what DA site you use.

G

·
I was the slower one. My best was a 10.64et @ 130mph w/ a lousy 1.74 60ft.

My friend ran the 10.05et @ 137mph w/ 1.63 60ft.

I have to work harder to run worth a crap. Size my friend makes a difference. Especially when there is a 100lbs difference.

Art, you should have stayed with the truck. Traction seemed fine later on. Track was probably cold and the DA was certainly better between 11-12pm. DA in the afternoon was about 5700' depending on what DA site you use.
ya but my truck just doesn't get traction very easy its hard to get a good launch with out blowing the tires away 900rwtq is kinda hard to get it to stick. But the truck has gone as fast as 14.0 at 96 on the governor

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Damn the DA was 5700! I never raced on a day anything lower than 7500'! Damn I should have skipped a day of golf but that was fun too. Forgot about the drag strip today... Oh well

G

·
Damn the DA was 5700! I never raced on a day anything lower than 7500'! Damn I should have skipped a day of golf but that was fun too. Forgot about the drag strip today... Oh well
i usually don't pick up much time its mostly in the hundredths where you will see the difference that's if your consistent enough to see something but the MPH seams to come up about .5 or so that's just what i have seen with me on my bike

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i usually don't pick up much time its mostly in the hundredths where you will see the difference that's if your consistent enough to see something but the MPH seams to come up about .5 or so that's just what i have seen with me on my bike
I've been pretty consistent these past few weekends. As far as DA, from 11/8/2006 to yesterday, the DA was about 400' difference. For me, my mph only went up about .20 mph and et about .02 for both qtr and 1/8th. When comparing to 10/19/2008 runs which had a DA of about 7000', I was only about .50mph and .04 difference. So not much difference imho.

Now these #s are taken from that DA calculator posted in an earlier post on TSC. There are other sites that show different. This site reports the track being at 4943 but from I remember for many years is that the elevation at the track is really just under 5300'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts