True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the slip in front of me but it went something like this.

1.6x-----60 ft
6.2x-----660 ft
118-----660 mph
9.5x----1320 ft
145.xx--1320 mph

left on about 10 pounds ran 25 psi hooked on the launch (should have left harder) spun most of the way once she got off the concrete.

First two passes were a mess and they were on 20 psi but trap speed was bit better on the top end 147 mph with a 116 1/8, the pt88 is out of air. Time to put the big 88 on.

I will see if i can get someone to post the last run I have on my camera, Vinny has the rest of the vids on his camera.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Hell yea man, good job!! That's moving!
I thought you are already running a PT88???

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Congrats Sean that is some WIN right there!

Hell yea man, good job!! That's moving!
I thought you are already running a PT88???
There is a PT88 on the car right now. The new turbo waiting to go on is the one is this pic:

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
He is putting a big frame pt88 on the car. Nice runs, thats fast.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Nice runs Sean. Why did the car only pick up 4mph from the your 9.91 run to your 9.50 run? I thought with that much added power you would be somewhere pretty close to the 150s

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Nice runs Sean. Why did the car only pick up 4mph from the your 9.91 run to your 9.50 run? I thought with that much added power you would be somewhere pretty close to the 150s
No traction+turbo is out of air, falling on its face wayyyy before the traps.

Nice runs for basically shake downs though. The big turbo and a boost controller should be good for mid 8's in the high 150 range!! :driving:

G

·
that car will be a beast with the big turbo, we will need a rematch when you get the big one on it and i get the shitty ass nitrous kit working

·
slow pontiac v6
80 Posts
impressive...that car scares me. when does the tranny run out of gearing?

any idea how it would fair against your supra on a roll?

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
impressive...that car scares me. when does the tranny run out of gearing?

any idea how it would fair against your supra on a roll?
Should go 155ish on the current gearing, prolly put a few lengths on the Supra from a roll...

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Solid roller ftw.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Car ain't doing too bad for having a breathing problem. :) Nice run, Sean. Looking forward to seeing it with the new setup.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When comparing numbers you have to get all the information. The car picked up 9 MPH from 13-20 psi. The mph gain took about 120 ish HP. The current combination is easily good for low 9's here. Drive it to the track run low 9's at mid 140's drive it home. Exactly what I built the kit to do. Fortunately I get to play with the bigger stuff now and let Termy finish the testing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Those are amazing shakedown runs, nice to see a street driven Turbo Chevy for a change, Solid Tech is on it!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
When comparing numbers you have to get all the information. The car picked up 9 MPH from 13-20 psi. The mph gain took about 120 ish HP. The current combination is easily good for low 9's here. Drive it to the track run low 9's at mid 140's drive it home. Exactly what I built the kit to do. Fortunately I get to play with the bigger stuff now and let Termy finish the testing.
It is one hell of a street car!! No fucking doubt about that. Can't wait to see what the new turbo will do.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Mofo's a beast....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts