1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Herpes Free
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened at the dragstrip last year:

So I bought a GT3582R .82:

And I put it in my car:

I have to retune for the new fuel injectors and bigger turbo so I dont know what it'll do yet. I got on it a briefly coming home from the gas station and it moves pretty good. I think I'll hold off on swapping engines for a little while.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Glad to see it running! Now tear some shit up!

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
Oh hell yes!!

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
This car is a total sleeper!

·
Banned
2,987 Posts
nice...

that Turbo is capable of some very nice power....

·
Herpes Free
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It should do no less than 400rwhp uncorrected. It feels strong but I cant rev it out until I add another wastegate to the manifold. It holds about 8 psi until around 5800, but if I go to 6500 it spools itself up to about 21, so I set the fuel cut at 6k. When I get the boost under control I'll be turning it up and running it to 7k. I think another Tial 38mm will do the trick.

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
the head gasket went on the last sunday at the strip right ? coolant everywhere , u using copper spray sealer on the new head gasket, nice set up, i love bimmers especially ones that are forced induction ///mpower all the way

·
Herpes Free
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that was it. I didn't copper spray this one. I think the next step is o-ringing the block, but I shouldn't even need to do that if I can keep the motor from detonating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts