True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the car to the track this weekend and on about my 5th pass, I got a SES light when I hit third gear. It was a very quick shift for me (M6), and it came on. Now I'm looking for suggestions on what it may be.

I took the car to autozone, code thrown is a lean o2 code on bank 1.

I noticed that my A.I.R. hose seems very loose from the lid to down underneath the fuse box on the driver's side. But I don't know if it is disconnected somewhere along the line. I don't know if that would cause a code for the car getting too much air or not.

Definitely need to do some investigating and would like to know where you guys think I should start.

Thanks, Justin

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
run it... that will happen from time to time.. are you power shifting?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, but that shift seemed fast. Wasn't a powershift, but I didn't let up for very long at all. Of course I'm no pro, but I felt like I was driving pretty decent for not powershifting.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
It can be the O2 sensor going out or the bank is a bit lean. Reset the ECU and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reset ECU??? Wow this sounds noob, how do I do that? Do you mean clear codes with a reader? If it is running lean, could it hurt the car, I mean like burn hot and cause piston damage?

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
lol.. unhook the batt.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That will clear codes? Shit nevermind, I think I did that on my LT1 trying to clear up an o2 issue. I had forgotten about that

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
an easier way to do it is put the key in the on position(dont turn the engine on) pop the hood. take the 2 pcm fuses out, wait about 10 seconds then put them back in. get in, start the car and the ses light should be off

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Its an o2 sensor, when you get new ones get the bosch corvette ones, they are cheaper and last longer. That A.I.R. crap has nothing to do with it. Whats the actual code that came up? I'll get the part number for the o2's you need later.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Reset ECU??? Wow this sounds noob, how do I do that? Do you mean clear codes with a reader? If it is running lean, could it hurt the car, I mean like burn hot and cause piston damage?
If it is lean the ECU will add fuel VIA fuel trims. No need to worry about hurting the car. Worst that will happen is fouling plugs, IF it is indeed lean (which would only be part throttle anyway).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well thanks guys, seems like it just decided to drop that o2 all of a sudden lol. It doesn't pull as hard all the way through the RPMs, but that is just because of the extra fuel correct?

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Well thanks guys, seems like it just decided to drop that o2 all of a sudden lol. It doesn't pull as hard all the way through the RPMs, but that is just because of the extra fuel correct?
If its the front o2's, it will run like shit in normal driving, but wide open throttle will be exactly the same because it goes into open loop and the burnt o2's won't have any effect on it. If its the rear o2's, the car will have an SES light but the way the car drives will not be effected. What is the exact code that came up Justin?

Edit: If its the o2 sensor, it will be a bosch 1311.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
So that's the front o2 on the driver's side? Why didn't the car behave like you said it woulda?
That I don't know, I've gone through quite a few O2 sensors, and the symptoms I've explained are what always happens to me. So I'm confused about that one. Your drivers side front o2 is definitely shot though. Check for any exhaust leaks too while you're under there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will do, I haven't heard any exhaust leak whatsoever. But it looks like I may have headers soon, working an internet deal hopefully it all comes through there. so I'll replace the o2 while I'm at installing those.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts