True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it?Do you like it and did it work? And last what does Seafoam really do? I saw some youtube vids and read up a little but I still want to know other peoples opinions on this stuff. Does it really work?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Has anyone used it?Do you like it and did it work? And last what does Seafoam really do? I saw some youtube vids and read up a little but I still want to know other peoples opinions on this stuff. Does it really work?
It's supposed to be a "top end" cleaner. Cleans off all the carbon deposites on your valves, pistons, etc.

I ran some through the g/f's car, and it made a ton of smoke and seemed to run a bit smoother after. I did it on my car, and it barely made any smoke for like 10 seconds and didn't seem to make a difference. I've never added it the oil in a car, but supposedly it helps clean out that too. I guess depending on the car it might make a bigger difference, but in my experience it's never been much of a change, other than sometimes making a crapload of smoke.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool im going to try some on my yellow stang. There are three different ways to use it one is through the fuel system one is through the engine oil and the other through a vacum that supplies all cylinders. One can use it all three ways to get the best result.

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
chang out your plugs afterwards and imo dont kill the car with it/hydro lock

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
Hydrolock (short for either hydraulic lock or hydrostatic lock) is a condition of an internal combustion engine in which an incompressible liquid has been introduced into its cylinder(s), resulting in the immobilization of the engine's pistons. The liquid causing this malfunction is often water, hence the prefix "hydro-". Hydrolock occurs in a 4-stroke engine when liquid is sucked into the engine's cylinder(s) during the intake stroke and, due to the incompressibility of the liquid, makes the compression stroke impossible. This, in turn, prevents the entire engine from turning, and can cause significant engine damage if one attempts to forcibly turn over or start the engine. Typically, connecting rods will be bent, making the engine uneconomical to repair. Confer flooded engine and vapor lock, two unrelated conditions which could easily be confused with hydrolock.

G

·
In other words suck it in through the vaccuum line really slow. if the engine shakes like its about to stall stop wuth the seafoam till it idles normal again.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool peeps thanks for the heads up.

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
dont forget to film the smoke for entertainment:headbang:

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used it already and didn't film, there was not that much smoke. I felt a big change in my car right away. Before my car felt a little sluggish and it livend it up a little. I put the seafoam in the three places it recomended and all seems to be fine. I would probably use Seafoam again it works pretty good in my opinion.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used it already and didn't film, there was not that much smoke. I felt a big change in my car right away. Before my car felt a little sluggish and it livend it up a little. I put the seafoam in the three places it recomended and all seems to be fine. I would probably use Seafoam again it works pretty good in my opinion.
Make sure you don't leave it in the oil for too long. Change it soon if you haven't already.

And for what it's worth, on every car I've used it on I would purposely stall the car out with it and never had problems.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah changed the oil the next day thanks for the input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts