True Street Cars Forums banner

Sandia Track Days

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Repsol_RR 
#1 ·
Im looking to do a few track days this year what all do I need to do to the bike to get it ready?
2008 zzr600 is the bike I will be useing as I got it very cheap. :headbang:

#2 ·
Just need to tape off the headlight, tail light, turn signals, turn in the mirrors and tape them off still or remove them. Have one or two piece leathers, DOT/Snell helmet, boots and gloves in good shape. Pretty much it for a track day. Make sure the bike is safe, bolts/nuts are tight, no oil leaks, no fork leaks and good tread on street tires. Oh, and buy a track day ticket from a sponsor before they sell out or you will pay an additional $25 at the very least.

#3 ·
The bike just needs a fork seal and new tires and tape everything up and its good.
I got my new leathers on the way and I will be ready
Road racing and dragstrip racing FTW!

#8 ·
#15 ·
Best tire for the street in my opinion is the michelin power pure. It's lighter (more responsive) and grippier than the power 2ct. Basically the 2ct has less soft compound so it lasts longer, but confidence and safety are more important to me. It's also a great entry level tire for the track. Once you get up to pace, pirelli supercorsa sc's are the way to go and then move up to slicks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.