True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hell not just the power they make, all the performance all together. I never saw the point in spending so much money on an actual Saleen when I can make it do everything much better for much less money.

Alex

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
haha Saleen is not out of business. SMS is the new name and they are coming over to a new nitch... Chrysler.

A few of my friends got a tour of the 150,000 square foot facility this week. Sean Saleen is suppose to be calling me this weekend as well. He will be joining my forum as a Vendor.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Interesting....Trouble on the Ford home front??? Maybe Chrysler isnt so bad off as everyone thinks they are $$$ wise.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I didn't think saleen would be gone, I thought the last mustang they did stunk to compared the way the previous mustangs looked. And hell no there isn't any saleen mustang worth the money.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha Saleen is not out of business. SMS is the new name and they are coming over to a new nitch... Chrysler.

A few of my friends got a tour of the 150,000 square foot facility this week. Sean Saleen is suppose to be calling me this weekend as well. He will be joining my forum as a Vendor.
Good info Ron. So is the Saleen name going to be dropped?

·
Its Got an IntakeR!
105 Posts
Steve Saleen retired. Then started his own company but obviously couldn't use Saleen so he picked sms. I think he wanted to do aftermarket for other companies thats why he did it.

·
Its Got an IntakeR!
105 Posts
He couldn't use "Saleen" obviously.

Either way Saleen was more of a rare kind of Mustang...now they're building a new one every week. "NEW NEW NEW! SALEEN S281SC R408 HERITAGE RACE EDITION!"

From Wikipedia:

On May 14, 2007, Steve Saleen announced his resignation from his position as Vice Chairman of Saleen, Inc. On June 6, 2007, Saleen was appointed CEO of ZX Automobile Company of North America (ZXNA), a subsidiary of CHAMCO.
On March 13 2008 Steve Saleen announced the formation of “SMS Limited”, Lifestyle Performance Automobiles, the most recent brand in the portfolio of companies he has founded. In the years of building each of his many brands, Saleen oversaw and participated in every aspect of the business, product development, sales and marketing. His latest endeavor will focus on the expansion into the high-end of the diverse American Muscle Car and Global Supercar markets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts