True Street Cars Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
For what it's worth, I wouldn't spray anything with a dual plane on it, If you feel the Vic.JR has too much cross section for your RPM curve, you might rethink the Torquer II, not the greatest manifold out there but with a 1" carb spacer and the plate, it'll have plenty of mid range when you're not on the button...just a thought.

· Registered
706 Posts
The things you could do to pick up the velocity are only bandaids,a smaller carb, advance timing, fill the plenum, plenum turtle, just get the Vic.JR from Frank, the minor midrange loss's will be nothing compared to the gains when you're on the button, do you know what your heads flow?

· Registered
706 Posts
i beleive the heads flow in the vecinity of 265-270 cfm. what do you mean by filling the plenum and also plenum turtle? and thank you for the advice I will take in all i can get. i am still young and still learning alot.
At what lift do your heads flow these numbers and do you know what they flow @ .200, the reason i ask is, a "big" manifold coupled with poor low lift flow numbers makes for a pretty lazy street cruiser.
reducing the plenum volumn with epoxy will give more response {with a sacrifice} on the top end, a turtle is an insert that fits the plenum floor, some say they work , others don't.

· Registered
706 Posts
Personally, I've never had much use for bottom end torque, traction can be hard to come by on the street.
I've never seen a fogged Performer RPM, so I can't say what your in for, even though the distribution is much better with the RPM than a standard Performer, be prepared to do a lot of plug checks until you get a handle on the tune.

ps couldn't open the link, dosen't really matter now anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.