True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am going to be buying a new manifold but i am stuck. i am either looking at the rpm air gap or the victor jr. i heard both work well but which one. I currently have the original rpm manifold on my car. what is the difference in the ports between the original rpm and the airgap or are they the same? what will work best with my combo.

-331 stroker
-TFS high port heads
-750 pro form carb(soon to be bought)
-XE282HR-12 comp cam
----232 int./240 exh @ 050, 0.565 int./0.574 exh. lift, range 2,600-6,500
-9.5:1 compression
-stock 5 speed

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
WTF is a Vistor jr??? jk I say RPM Air gap so you can keep some of that low end torque and still make power at 6500. It is a street car after all.

EDIT: I believe the ports are the same on both RPM's but the air gap's are probably a bit longer, and the air gap has a dual/single plane kinda design (kinda) because of the height to it and the cut in the divided section at the carb flange.
See what I mean?

Attachments

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
LOL Get the Air gap. And what's up with your suspension? Update that shit.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
vic jr. air gap sucks monkey balls..

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are some actual test that were done on both. the motor has about the same specs as me. they did dyno test with both and both are about the same. just peak torque number are at different rpm ranges. there are 3 pages check it out sean. oo and yeah i did suspension lol i will get some pics together for you and send them to you. sorry i forgot i was to damn busy with gay school

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...plane_or_dual_plane_intake_upgrade/index.html

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
vic jr. air gap sucks monkey balls..
Maybe for high end 6500+rpm HP. But not for a DD street car that needs mid range torque.

here are some actual test that were done on both. the motor has about the same specs as me. they did dyno test with both and both are about the same. just peak torque number are at different rpm ranges. there are 3 pages check it out sean. oo and yeah i did suspension lol i will get some pics together for you and send them to you. sorry i forgot i was to damn busy with gay school

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...plane_or_dual_plane_intake_upgrade/index.html
Here is your answer right here Kyle.
The question on the table now is, which is more useful, an extra 20-25 lb-ft through most of the mid range or the slight advantage in high-rpm power? For this particular mild application, the dual-plane would be much better suited for street (and occasional track) use. Ideally, the single-plane intake would be combined with more of everything, more compression, displacement, and even wilder cam timing to maximize power production higher in the rev range.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
vic jr. air gap sucks monkey balls.. :banghead:

or the Wiend Team-G is good single plane as well..

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Maybe for high end 6500+rpm HP. But not for a DD street car that needs mid range torque.

Here is your answer right here Kyle.
The question on the table now is, which is more useful, an extra 20-25 lb-ft through most of the mid range or the slight advantage in high-rpm power? For this particular mild application, the dual-plane would be much better suited for street (and occasional track) use. Ideally, the single-plane intake would be combined with more of everything, more compression, displacement, and even wilder cam timing to maximize power production higher in the rev range.
lol yeah that is basically what i am gonna go off of i think. the only thing is superman is gonna sell me his vistor jr for a good price cause i just took his nice 750 off of his hands. ahhh lol also i was talking to frank(superman) and he said with my nitrous plate the rpm air gap would be horrible. since it is duel plane the higher side will get all of the nitrous and could blow one side of motor. but also i was thinking screw it i will just get fogger system:lol:
vic jr. air gap sucks monkey balls.. :banghead:

or the Wiend Team-G is good single plane as well..
there is no weiand team g for 302 ford i believe. have you tried both manifolds?

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah bro i beleive you can. its a pretty bad ass set up i would like to do if i could find a cheap F.A.S.T system. and also for sure do it if i could induction

·
Registered
706 Posts
For what it's worth, I wouldn't spray anything with a dual plane on it, If you feel the Vic.JR has too much cross section for your RPM curve, you might rethink the Torquer II, not the greatest manifold out there but with a 1" carb spacer and the plate, it'll have plenty of mid range when you're not on the button...just a thought.

G

·
For what it's worth, I wouldn't spray anything with a dual plane on it, If you feel the Vic.JR has too much cross section for your RPM curve, you might rethink the Torquer II, not the greatest manifold out there but with a 1" carb spacer and the plate, it'll have plenty of mid range when you're not on the button...just a thought.
thats the reason why i went with the tqII and not the vic jr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts