True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
If they're meaning this Sunday I think I have one you can borrow for the day.

·
4th Gear
1,300 Posts
We are headed up to see what we get even tho there will be a head wind.
I will be working on my 60's they may not be very well with all the dirt blown on the track.

·
3rd Gear
373 Posts
Chris needs to fix his lights MPH is 10 MPH to fast on both 1/8 and 1/4 mile also someone said they moved the finish line 8' further down the track is this true?

G

·
Chris needs to fix his lights MPH is 10 MPH to fast on both 1/8 and 1/4 mile also someone said they moved the finish line 8' further down the track is this true?
i also thought the timers were just a little farther back

what gear were you trapping in????

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Congrats on the ET. That is believable but even the mph at 146 is not :skep:

Fix those damn lights.

·
4th Gear
1,300 Posts
Congrats on the ET. That is believable but even the mph at 146 is not :skep:

Fix those damn lights.
+ A Million on fixing the lights.

The mph is right at 10mph off my bike traps 110mph all most everywhere and it said I was traping 120mph the big end was also 10mph off it was putting me at 144mph when I only trap 134mph

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK Guys I found out what happened to the trap speeds in Roswell. Members of the Roswell Drag Racing Association went out and squared the track with some laser transit device. Apparently the roll out was different from one lane to the other, one lane was longer thatn the other, etc. Now the track is perfectly squared. Good Thing!

However, when they layed out the trap speed (MPH lights) they placed them 60 ft prior to the finish line. Apparently, they should be 66 feet apart. Consequently, your speed is now measured over 60 feet instead of the standard 66. Track management was made aware of the error and is said to be double checking with the manufacturer of the timing system to be sure and then he'll fix the error.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts