True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the pictures from your "Sunday Race Meet" and was just wondering what the street racing scene is like over there in NM. I see that you guys race in broad daylight! That would be a one way ticket to County Jail if we did that here. We find remote areas and the cops still find us at 2:00 in the morning. We have to move locations almost weekly. Well, I don't attend the street races anymore because of the cops and the imports. No offense to the import drivers. It's just that the ones from around here are stupid little kids with 14 second Hondas who want to race 12 second cars and if you decline, they start running their mouths.

Anyway, what's your weather like up there? Our winters are freaking awesome! Cold fronts bring the temps down to about 50 degrees at night and 70's during the day. I'll be hitting the track this Friday when the weather should be about 55 degrees, clear and low humidity! But we get fried during the summer. We average about 100 degrees every day, and humidity in the 70's and up! Hot and muggy!

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
I'd say it's just about the same here. The "street races" are usually held on Friday and Saturday nights with very few cars worth racing, cops, and a bunch of younger poeple. Usually everyone meets and then heads to one place then the cops come and then to a new spot. This usually goes on until about 2 or 3 a.m. I guess if it's warm. It's been pretty cold here though lately, it was raining and cloudy almost all day. But ne way, it don't think it would be too much different up here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
NM in no way compares texas as far as street racing goes. All the people with fast cars dont come out any more. Like 3-4 years ago it was actually pretty badass when Seans(trmin8r) car was Cam only/200-shot

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
NM suck!!!!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
the cops cracked down to much and the retards took over. that is true. every one retired and the economey went to shit.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ya back in the day NM had a pretty big street racing scene but not anymore I wish it would get big again but we'll see when it gets warm again !!!

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
NM in no way compares texas as far as street racing goes. All the people with fast cars dont come out any more. Like 3-4 years ago it was actually pretty badass when Seans(trmin8r) car was Cam only/200-shot
Seriously? Did you not read hi discription????

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I'd say it's just about the same here. The "street races" are usually held on Friday and Saturday nights with very few cars worth racing, cops, and a bunch of younger poeple. Usually everyone meets and then heads to one place then the cops come and then to a new spot. This usually goes on until about 2 or 3 a.m. I guess if it's warm. It's been pretty cold here though lately, it was raining and cloudy almost all day. But ne way, it don't think it would be too much different up here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I wouldnt classify those as races. Those are all 18 second cars with a bunch of ****** ass high school kids. You dont know what you are talking about.

The street scene in Albuquerque has gone to the shitter. As jonvon said, cops started cracking down hardcore. I agree with Vinny, abotu 3-4 years ago the street scene here was amazing. Its definately not what it used to be. Not to mention, it seems like the fast cars are always broken lol.

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
I wouldnt classify those as races. Those are all 18 second cars with a bunch of ****** ass high school kids. You dont know what you are talking about.

The street scene in Albuquerque has gone to the shitter. As jonvon said, cops started cracking down hardcore. I agree with Vinny, abotu 3-4 years ago the street scene here was amazing. Its definately not what it used to be. Not to mention, it seems like the fast cars are always broken lol.
haha x2.

It used to be a pretty fun scene back in the day. The fast cars would do their thing and the retards would go place to place with their 17-18 second bass thumpin' rice mobiles and run into each other LOL.

The only time the scene has been interesting is the Solid/M&G meets where some of the fast cars have showed up to play. Besides that this year has been shit.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Should I rephrase it? All the fucking ricers go meet up and race on the street but it is definately not street racing. All of the slow cars race and sometimes fast cars decide to play a bit when there are actually fast cars are there, which is very uncommon, And then some snitch who is getting paid for running their fucking mouth calls the cops and they show up and everyone leaves. Is that about right? All-in-all it's pretty fucking gay. But honestly :whogives: it's live entertainment!!!

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
The street scene use to be badass. I think it will come back, but people need to start talking some shit to get others out of hiding. Im thinking this coming summer will be good.

Only thing I know about the TX street scene is Houston during the TX2K* meets and thats the baddest street car meet in the planet. Average hp is probably in the 700 whp range. Ive been to it the last three years.

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
I hope something goes on i have not seen or raced one stupidly fast cars in any of the cars i have had, accept trey lol it seems one Chris (sinister) and sean (TRMIN8R) broke that no one goes out any more, i want to get something going this summer.....

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Shut up and stop acting as if you know it all.
Trey does know it all though. :lol: :lol::lol: Oh wait...

It takes money to build a badass street car and no one around here has any, or at least the ones that do are too busy doing other things. The TX2K* meets are full of money, hence so many sick cars. Spooledup you may be right, maybe someone with a fast car just needs to start talking a bunch of shit to stir the pot. If my car ran 10s my mouth would run like diarrhea that's for sure. :yesnod:

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
That's why I put it in quotes. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because seriously I've seen it from both sides.
hahaha seen it from both sides, yes you like to think you have your finger in everything. You have zero clue what you are talking about. Last time I got on your case you tried giving me the lecture about how we haven't ever really met.... We haven't because I choose for us not to. anyway..... the truth about our Albuquerque car scene was stated after miss I wish I knew something spoke up. The cops involvement seems like it has dropped off a bit from a few years back (probably because the street scene has fallen so badly). Hopefully the street scene comes back soon. I got a street car that runs pretty good right now and I need some more people to race!!

Bikeless bunny.... Why haven't you moved out of the country yet? I know the majority of people voted for you to go so what stopped you?

PS Someday Keith, You need to realize that you can't love everyone beerbottle buddy

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
There has been waves and waves of street racing groups move through. The last one I.E. Termy's group was the 4th or so I have been around to see go by the wayside. The next one will roll through soon enough I am sure. People grow up and start having real life to attend to so that group moves on and in comes the new one. The Solid/TSC/M&G meets will be a blast this summer I am sure.

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Im really hoping we have a good summer!

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I hope my car is running for the summer. There is a lot I want to do, just no money to do it :lol:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts