True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE EXCUSE MY HANDGUN TERMS I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF SOME ITEMS

So at the shooting range the last few times I have noticed something that caught my attention and wonder if anyone know whats can be causing it.

I'll go through a few boxes of ammo, then I'll slide in a magazine to my open and already locked open gun, the slide engages itself without me wanting it to.

To explain I normally slide a magazine in and depress the "button" under the slide and the slide moves forward loading a round in the chamber.

Its happened a few times, I just want to let it continue if its fixable.

The gun has about 1500-2000 rounds through it, never jammed, never ever. It has a aftermarket trigger spring however.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
My Desert Eagle does that and it's new. I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to do that for quick loading?

·
741 Posts
It can happen with most semi autos. It just depends on the force you use in slamming in the magazine and if you are not pushing it straight in, or at a slight forward angle. Straight up, minimal force, it'll usually stay locked open. Forward and up with heavy force, it can come off the lock and load the chamber for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts