True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was reading some write ups on Ls1tech and decided to remove a few things from the car. I removed the windshield wiper assembly, The passenger side air bag, heater box, foglight housings, and finally installed my new steering wheel. I snapped a few crappy pics afterwards. Next weekend I'm installing my UMI k member. Lost 35 lbs from the heater box w/ ducting, 6 lbs from stock wheel w/ airbag, 14 lbs from wiper assembly, and 18 lbs from the pass. airbag. 73lbs removed for free not including the door bars, fog lights or front speakers. Not bad for a few hours of work. Thanks for looking.

New Grant steering wheel.

Windshield wipers gone.

Heater box gone.

Wiper assembly and foglight housings.

Airbags, stock wheel, heater box, and ducting.

Also started removing the door supports which I will probably finish tonight

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
with the door bars out make sure you invest in at least a 6pt cage... looks good Eddie.. you'll have to bring it by when your done...

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
What's the deal with the steering wheel? I would love to get rid of my stocker, and go with something like you did.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the deal with the steering wheel? I would love to get rid of my stocker, and go with something like you did.
Its just a cheapo grant steering wheel with an "SS" horn button. Got it all from Sumitracing, they have a few different diameters, I went with the 14".

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I will miss the EASY button :(, that was the best button ever.

Damn Eddie you getting serious about making that car run this year?????

·
2,937 Posts
Scott, I'm doing an 8 point or a 10 point, not too sure yet.
just want you to be safe... you SS has some balls, just don't want to see you rack them... :drunk:

was the 12.20 i ran in your car still the fastest run or did you get it faster than that already..? :driving:
that car is going to move out with all the weight you've taken out of it... " u sure you don't need the wipers?"

I have a few Nitrous parts and pieces laying around if you wanna hit the 11.5 class for no bull... :yesnod:
a 75 shot aught to get the job done..

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Might as well put a 10pt in, there is no difference in what time you can run between a 6 and 8pt. You need a 6pt to go 10.0, you need a 10pt to go faster.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just want you to be safe... you SS has some balls, just don't want to see you rack them... :drunk:

was the 12.20 i ran in your car still the fastest run or did you get it faster than that already..? :driving:
that car is going to move out with all the weight you've taken out of it... " u sure you don't need the wipers?"

I have a few Nitrous parts and pieces laying around if you wanna hit the 11.5 class for no bull... :yesnod:
a 75 shot aught to get the job done..
12.20 is still the fastest its gone, that was when it was full weight and street tires. My goal is to get the car under 3k lbs with a cage in it.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Just wondering, what Heads/cam/Intake are you running? 485 is a good freaking number for H/C/I...

·
2,937 Posts
12.20 is still the fastest its gone, that was when it was full weight and street tires. My goal is to get the car under 3k lbs with a cage in it.
those cars are like 3550lbs curb from the factory... have you put the car on scales yet to see where it's at ..??

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those cars are like 3550lbs curb from the factory... have you put the car on scales yet to see where it's at ..??
I haven't put it on a scale yet, I've been taking A LOT of stuff out of the car lately, and I'm changing some suspension stuff around, and also installing a VFN hood, swisscheesed kirkey seats, along with front and rear blacked out speedglass. Once all that is done I'm going to weigh the car.

·
2,937 Posts
Ported LS6 heads, MS4 cam, and FAST 90 intake.

this set up is screaming spray me.. MS4: 239/242, .649"/.609", 111 LSA

not sure if this is your exact grind, but anywho..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts