True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got one, its been a few years that Ive wanted a turbo foxbody notch. I came across a deal and had to jump on it. Its not what I originally wanted way back when but it will work. Its ruff around the edges, needs some work but I think its got potential. I am going to see if I can get into the 10s for under $5000-6000 total investment.

Here is my plan of action. Get the car running right, its pig rich and dies after you get on it a little. Swap out those 4:10s for anything, well not anything but almost lol. Chevy power glide tranny with a brake of course. Trade the 98 cobra wheels for some drag lights. Take out weight where ever I can. Get some nice paint on it (This should cost me nothing and Ill learn a little about painting a car, Ive always wanted to learn)

Here's the skinny.

1989 Ford LX coupe
5-speed T5 glass box tranny
DSS 306 but with stock heads and intake mani
Cartech intercooled turbo kit with ITS 76mm turbo, Tial bov, Tial wastegate
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Lighting maf
42 lb injectors
70mm Edelbrock throttle body
MSD 6AL box, distributor, coil, wires
tubular K-member and A-arms
Coilovers
5 lug conversion with moser rear axles
98 Cobra wheels
8.8 rear end with 4:10s OUCH!!!

Now some pics.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted that car so bad! I almost bought it. If you need a turbo for it, Ironman is selling a nice one. Congrats on the car, that price was a steal!

This turbo is a 76mm ITS so it he was telling the truth it is a good turbo. The exhaust housing looks small but it says .81 AR.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Your BOV is in the wrong place and/or not recirculated, that's why it dies after you get on it.

Let me know when you're ready to sell those wheels.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don't paint it! spend every penny making it faster, paint it after you've had some fun making people feel bad for getting smoked by a "RATSTANG" LOL

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't paint it! spend every penny making it faster, paint it after you've had some fun making people feel bad for getting smoked by a "RATSTANG" LOL
Haha beater cars are fun to race. Only reason its getting paint is becasue its going to be free and it will give me a chance to learn some body work and painting. I do need to get it running good first.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn I wanted to call the wheels

If somebody has some draglites in good condition Ill trade. Till I either buy some or trade they will stay on the car. It looks nice with them, I just like the drag look more.

Also I would like to hear some recommendations on what maf to go with and the best position/location for it. It will be a blow through. I read that Pro-M's and PMAS are good stuff. Omar told me he likes the C&L's so any recommendations info would be a great help. If you got a used one for sale ever better ;).

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
If somebody has some draglites in good condition Ill trade. Till I either buy some or trade they will stay on the car. It looks nice with them, I just like the drag look more.

Also I would like to hear some recommendations on what maf to go with and the best position/location for it. It will be a blow through. I read that Pro-M's and PMAS are good stuff. Omar told me he likes the C&L's so any recommendations info would be a great help. If you got a used one for sale ever better ;).
A MAF for a blow-threw carb setup? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: You mean blow through rather than draw through on the actual MAF position?

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A MAF for a blow-threw carb setup? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: You mean blow through rather than draw through on the actual MAF position?
Ya still fuel injected just blow through maf.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Nice project Cisco. Good luck man.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
whats this i hear about a glide for 70 bucks?
My buddy said he know of one that was sitting for years. Its was suppose to go in a Supra so it was built for some power. Lets see if it pans out. He is goign to call about it.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts