True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a key fob for my 02' Dodge 2500, however it appears as though I would need to take it to the dealer to have them program it since I don't have a current working key fob.

Anyone know where I can go and not have to pay a ton of money to get the dealer to do this for me? I also would like to get the high idle enabled on my truck aswell at the same time.. Any suggestions on where I can go or who to see?

Thanks.

·
4th Gear
3,261 Posts
Couldn't be too expensive to program, I'd say 10-20 bucks?
It is 40 bucks at melloys and the key itself is like 179 no where i could find would do it less then 40 bucks

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it taken care of over the weekend, bought a key fob for the price of on the house, just paid shipping from some guy off the Cumminsforums, Melloy had it done in 15 mins.

I had requested they also enable the "high-idle" feature on my truck, but they were unable to figure it out, so the cashier didn't realize they were able to program my key fob. They said it was going to be $47.50 to program it.

-Autotoystore- I tried to figure it out on my own, but since I didn't have an already working key fob, I had to get the dealer to use their computer to program a new remote, but now since I have this one working, I can add up to 3 more and program them myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts