True Street Car Forums banner

Let Bigblock make a few testing passes and enter teh 10 sec class?

• Yes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark says he needs a few passes to get an idea where the tune up is. I vote to let him make these passes and let him enter the 10.0 class with us. I say the only stipulation is the boards are up for his passes, and he still has to make the drive out.

If you are for or against post up.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
yes...let him make 2 passes, back to back right before eliminations,lol,jk...the more participants the merrier! What kinda car is this guy running?

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
If I was competing in this competition I would be against. I know a lot of people are probably working on their cars all they way up to Fri/Sat just to get them going for NO BULL. Why should he get a chance to do some T/T if no one else can? I am not voting just because I am not competing but that is my:twocents:.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This race was put in after the 3 scheduled races by the no bull racers. If it was a regular scheduled race then I would tend to agree, being the race was added a short time ago I am on the the more the merrier boat. If you can get that shit dialed in in two passes and whoop my ass then so be it. :thumbsup:

G

·
i thought everyone got 1 practice run down the track before eliminations started. Do we get to make a pass before it starts?

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
No 10.0 cars can make a pass on the day of the race per the rules. I say we make an exception for Mark, but otherwise, 10.0 cars aren't supposed to get to test.

·
Big Blocks and Big Tires
350 Posts
I really don’t think I want to start this shit storm. I don’t want any rules to change for me; this is the kind of thing that can make No Bull fail. Thanks but I think I am going to bow out on this one. Thanks for the support!!

You can close this thread now.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I think that since it us the first no bull of the year and for many people their first pass down the track all season, that everybody in the 10.0 class should get a practice run. Many new setups/cars/drivers ect. I say do that just for the 1st no bull maybe.

·
Big Blocks and Big Tires
350 Posts
Don’t use me as an excuse to change the rules. I say "rules are rules". I don't think they should be changed now. This has been one of the complaints in the past. The rules were set and EVERYONE should race by then for this season. If this is changed for this race, then something else might get changed at the next race, and before you know it all the rules that were voted on are out the window. Things can change for next season. This is how this event will grow. I should have made it to the track last month.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
As much as I would like to see Mark race with us tomorrow, he has a point. The last thing we need is a bunch of finger pointing and complaining of special treatment. It is bound to happen that someone will feel as they are being treated unfairly because Mark got a special favor.

On the flipside, Mark, do you fear the car isn't dialed in enough to compete, or are you afraid you might actually hurt it?

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
True. It would be dumb to change it now would just start a lot of problems.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don’t use me as an excuse to change the rules. I say "rules are rules". I don't think they should be changed now. This has been one of the complaints in the past. The rules were set and EVERYONE should race by then for this season. If this is changed for this race, then something else might get changed at the next race, and before you know it all the rules that were voted on are out the window. Things can change for next season. This is how this event will grow. I should have made it to the track last month.
Mark, last year the drivers in the 10.00 street class voted to let Finchstang run his car in our class even though there was some minor rules problem, I don't even remember what it was, registration or mufflers, something small, I was one who voted him in, and he won the 10.00 sec. class, I for one have NO problem with you getting a few runs in prior to the race, I believe this is the spirit in which we race.

·
Big Blocks and Big Tires
350 Posts
Mark, last year the drivers in the 10.00 street class voted to let Finchstang run his car in our class even though there was some minor rules problem, I don't even remember what it was, registration or mufflers, something small, I was one who voted him in, and he won the 10.00 sec. class, I for one have NO problem with you getting a few runs in prior to the race, I believe this is the spirit in which we race.
Thanks, I just don't think this is how things should get started this year. I will be out there to help and get some runs in. Depending on how things go, I may enter Super Gas or just get things together to run brackets on Sunday.

I truly think if No Bull is going to work, the rules need to apply to everyone.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I haven't gotten to make a single pass this year due to the weather. I was just going to suck it up and give it all I got in the first no bull run. If people decide to allow a test past then I'm fine with it but everyone else will get to as well. I've just been trying to tune my car on the street and hope for the best on the track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts